ZIMBABWE: Dalton & York - Buffalo & elephant

Flipper Dude

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Dateline: CHENJE CAMP, CHEWORE SOUTH, NORTHERN RHODESIA. 21 September 2024

A trophy well earned. On the track at 0630, closed the deal at 1700.

C4EFCEAA-76DD-49EB-8E4E-907EDDC45D80.jpeg

D92C5043-A6E0-4384-9CDD-3D0AA6363313.jpeg

If you wish to hunt hard all day in the African sun, because that’s what an old warrior like this deserves. As do you.

Dalton’s your man.

Dateline: CHENJE CAMP, CHEWORE SOUTH, NORTHERN RHODESIA. 21 September 2024

A trophy well earned. On the track at 0630, closed the deal at 1700.

View attachment 635644

View attachment 635652

If you wish to hunt hard all day in the African sun, because that’s what an old warrior like this deserves. As do you.

Dalton’s your man.
I’m scheduled to meet up with Dalton in Chewore mid October. Pictures like this make the wait unbearable

Great buffalo. What a day! Congratulations.

Nice bull, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Flipper, is the Hippo cow and calf still hanging around camp

The was an approximate 13’ croc outside of our tent but across the stream
That one has been “relocated”. Seriously relocated. There is still a 10 footer in here and I was watching a 6 footer earlier. 4 elephants across the stream first night. I got up and watched them in the full moon about 2 am.

We had elephants routinely feeding across the river at night also. That was the experience we were looking for. Listening to Dangerous animals
At night from inside the tent.

The feeling that you should not stroll around late at night.

A plump dinosaur 60 yds from the tent door
IMG_4668.jpeg

Are you still in camp ?
Oh yes. Day 4 of 10 tomorrow. The missus is getting over a serious cough and we took the day off to give her another day to recover. She wants to be in on the elephant hunt. She missed the last two elephants and wants to be there. Told her it’s as good a way to die as any, better than most. :cool:

Congratulations on the buffalo! Good luck on the elephant, hopefully you don’t get the rains from down here.

D97F2416-AC72-40C2-97C2-573ADDAF06FC.jpeg

Hero shot. Not sure who’s uglier.

E345F2C6-8C9F-4A8C-8064-878220F67F9D.jpeg

Saw 9 dugga boys y’day, as well as this group. Rough count 121. Of course we were hunting elephant. Stayed on a group for 5 miles until they split themselves up and wind is really bad right now. Regroup.

Damn hippos and elephants screaming outside the tent all night. No more than 30 yards. Doesn’t make for a peaceful rest. :cool:

View attachment 636013
Hero shot. Not sure who’s uglier.

View attachment 636014
Saw 9 dugga boys y’day, as well as this group. Rough count 121. Of course we were hunting elephant. Stayed on a group for 5 miles until they split themselves up and wind is really bad right now. Regroup.

Damn hippos and elephants screaming outside the tent all night. No more than 30 yards. Doesn’t make for a peaceful rest. :cool:

The hero is definitely uglier! Gorgeous bull! Congrats

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1206db0147

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?