Yet another bonded bullet recently made available

Puddle

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this one for a while now...

Norma finally offered their 30 Cal 180 grain BondStrike for handloading. If it's anything like their 6.5mm 143 grain BondStrike, then I'm going to be a very happy camper when they show up at my door, and just in time to whip up an elk load too!

Raven Rocks Precision has got them in stock.

I’m looking forward to testing the bondstrike bullets too.

Ordered a box of the 143gr Bondstrike’s today.
Looking forward to testing them in my Swedemoor.

I just used the 180 Norma Oryx on a few PG animals last week - excellent outcomes but sadly was not able to recover a bullet. I wanted to see exactly how they performed and measure weight retention. If anyone has pics or weights of recovered bullets it would be great if you could share
I also bought a bunch of the bond strikes and wanted to see how they perform as well. Also - pics or data of recovered bullets would be appreciated

I’m looking forward to testing the bondstrike bullets too.
My hunting buddy just used his 300 WSM with 180 Norma Factory ammo shooting the 180 grain Bondstrikes.

The performance was flawless.

He took Impala, Blesbok, Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and Nyala. Ranges from 60 yards to 270 yards. Bullets performed flawlessly.

I shoot 180 grain Nosler Accubonds in my 300 Weatherby and the bullet performance from his 300WSM would be hard to distinguish from mine. Mine opened up a little more because in my 26" barrel on my 300WBY my bullets were traveling 200+ FPS faster than the 300WSM out of his 24" barrel

Ordered a box of the 143gr Bondstrike’s today.
Looking forward to testing them in my Swedemoor.
I think you'll like them. I used them out of a 6.5mm CM on 4 cow elk with live weights ranging from 400 - 500 lbs. I used StaBall 6.5 @ just over 2,750 fps from a 22-inch barrel.

Now that I have the 180 grain bullets arriving, I'll quickly work up 2 loads for the .30-06 24-inch barrel first using the 'ol reliable H4350 somewhere just past 2,700 fps that essentially duplicates my Oryx load, and then Ramshot Big Game which will bump the MV up just a bit more.

Downsides? Depending on where I place the crosshair on the elk, they all do their work and then just zip on through the other side.

Too dang much fun

I just used the 180 Norma Oryx on a few PG animals last week - excellent outcomes but sadly was not able to recover a bullet. I wanted to see exactly how they performed and measure weight retention. If anyone has pics or weights of recovered bullets it would be great if you could share
I also bought a bunch of the bond strikes and wanted to see how they perform as well. Also - pics or data of recovered bullets would be appreciated
Here is one .30 180gr Norma Oryx bullet recovered from...Oryx! Shot from .30-06, about 2650 fps at muzzle at maybe 80m. Weight retention was good, but cant remember the number right now.
DSC_3327.JPG

My buddies dad was shooting 6.5 with ELDX and was talking about going back to a 30-06 because the explosive nature of the ELdX , I bought him some bond strike, he is very happy with the performance on deer and stag , I shoot norma oryx in my .270 & .308 , haven’t got a recovered bullet yet, just nice holes on each Side
I really like the Norma line of products, even the whitetail line punches above its weight
With great accuracy and weight retention

Last edited:
My buddies dad was shooting 6.5 with ELDX and was talking about going back to a 30-06 because the explosive nature of the ELdX , I bought him some bond strike, he is very happy with the performance on deer and stag , I shoot norma oryx in my .270 & .308 , haven’t got a recovered bullet yet, just nice holes on each Side
I really like the Norma line of products, even the whitetail line punches above its weight
With great accuracy and weight retention
Yup. During the last unpleasantness of Covid where the supply chains were all fouled up, I used the 143 grain ELD-X in 6.5mm on cow elk.

Because of its construction, you just had to be careful to slip the bullet tight inside the leg crease, avoiding big bone. Perhaps even waiting on the target to ever so slightly angle away. I'd get as close as I could, while they were grazing, and wait for the target to take a step forward to expose heart & lungs. Doing that, the bullet would do its work and then zip on through.

Now that supplies have tidied up some, I don't have to use the ELD-X on big boned animals anymore.

At least I hope anyways....

Last edited:
I had access to the 180 gr 30 cal Bondstrike two years ago for a PG hunt in Namibia. Over 18 head including Orys and Blue WB. Great bullet. Slam, Bam, down. Very Accurate.. used in a 06. 2750 fps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueM

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?