X Bolt in Magnum Calibers?

lockingblock

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Has anyone used the X Bolt in 375? How strong is the extraction and ejection? Will it reliably eject live rounds when cycled at speed?

Great question.

I have a .338WM A Bolt that functions flawlessly. I'm sure the .375 will too in an X Bolt.

I won a Browning X-Bolt in 30-06 in a sporting clays tournament. I had not paid attention to the X-Bolt previously. It's a great rifle. First, to speak to the controlled round feed comparison, the X-Bolt magazine design feeds the rounds straight up, not side to side. The polymer magazine is slick. I just got back from a south Texas hog hunt. I had five hogs come to the feeder, and I got three shots off as slick as you please. ( I did shoot across the course for several years with a bolt action in rapid fire, so I know how to work the bolt quickly and keep the rifle to my face.) If there were any feeding issues, they would show. The trigger on the X-Bolt is a three lever design and it's the only factory trigger on a rifle I ever bought that I didn't adjust or replace. The first load I tried shot 1" and I've not yet done load development but it killed three hogs and the bullets went where I was aiming. It's floated and bedded from the factory. I would take a .375 X-Bolt to Africa with confidence.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, if you want a reliable modern rifle.

If you have to have a "classic" .375, then hold out until something that costs at least $5,000 comes along.

A buddy has one in 7mm mag. The ejector plunger stuck while he was on a hunt and the rifle failed to eject. He is pretty handy but couldn't fix it himself, had to get the rifle shipped off to a 'smith. Kinda turned me off, besides not liking the style of the "bottom metal" er, plastic.

I've got an XBolt in 30-06 and 375H&H, both operate flawless. The 30-06 went to Africa last year, not a single problem with the rifle. Shooter on the other hand could have done better. THe 375 is scheduled fo rthe next trip to SA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3chunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!