Winchester Model 70 Left Hand SS 300 H&H

gbflyer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I had offered this rifle to a fellow here about a month or so ago who was looking. I never received a response, so I figure enough time has elapsed to offer it to others.

First, it is not factory. I purchased the receiver from a fellow Alaskan a few years ago. I put the rest of the parts together over time. It is not H&H length. I am not brave enough to open the ejection port, and the only smith I trust to do it declined due to the near impossibility of replacing it if something gets muffed. It has an H&H ejector and bolt stop, and H&H length mag box. It functions as it should. If I had one nit-pick, it doesn’t throw the 2nd ejected case as far as the first and the 3rd. The barrel is Hart, 25” factory contour which they nailed perfectly. Stock is factory with a red decelerator pad. It was purchased used, it isn’t perfect but any flaws are very very minor. The bottom metal is 1 piece Sunny Hill and the follower is Sunny Hill also. I believe a have a spare extractor and a standard magnum length mag box for it as well. I have fired approximately 100 rounds, it seems to really like 220gr Sierra Pro Hunter RN and Barnes 175LRX, 3 rounds slightly less than MOA are not uncommon with a stout charge of Re22. I have never fired factory ammo in it.

I am interested in selling it because I have a custom Remington 700 in the same chambering I prefer. I would like to be in the neighborhood of $2500. The scope is not included in the sale, however the lapped Talley 1” lightweight low are included. I am in Alaska, insured USPS shipping would be around $100. I am not an FFL, however I have one here that can ship it if that is required. USPS money order preferred. Thanks for your consideration. I am a solid seller, I have bought from several members on this forum. I don’t want to deal with export shipping, USA only.
IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

That's a sasquatch and unicorn rolled into one! A left handed stainless 300 H&H! Very cool.

Haha. Yeah, I don’t know what got into me. It would have been significantly less frustrating to have barreled it up in a standard magnum.

Perfect for AK/African PG! Sent post to my red-headed, one-legged, six-fingered stepchild who happens to be LH. (bbl stamping ".30 Super" is a bit odd-should be 300 HH. there actually is a .30 Super cartridge-entirely different!) have to point that out for safety reasons to any buyer/future buyer...

What a unique build! Perfect for a northwestern southpaw.

Perfect for AK/African PG! Sent post to my red-headed, one-legged, six-fingered stepchild who happens to be LH. (bbl stamping ".30 Super" is a bit odd-should be 300 HH. there actually is a .30 Super cartridge-entirely different!) have to point that out for safety reasons to any buyer/future buyer...

Yeah I’ve heard that too. It’s just an etch-o-matic mark. Would come off pretty easily

Perhaps the gunsmith was hitting the "moose milk" when performing the final touches?! LOL Or, someone reamed another bbl and did not re-stamp it. We have a jug at the farm that says AMM on it!

Tempting... would go well with my LH M70 in .375 H&H.

Perhaps the gunsmith was hitting the "moose milk" when performing the final touches?! LOL Or, someone reamed another bbl and did not re-stamp it. We have a jug at the farm that says AMM on it!

No moose milk. Moose Drool maybe. Haha. “Super .30” is acceptable for 300 h&h. I was feeling nostalgic. I guess I could have added “Hollands” in front of it. No way a .30 Super would chamber in this rifle, if it’s the 8mm Remington Mag based wildcat I’m thinking of.

i think there's another .30 pistol cartridge that'd get lost in the chamber. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babawanjimba

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!