Winchester 375 safari express Q

AGNK

AH member
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Messages
29
Reaction score
63
G’day all,
In what year did Winchester introduce the ‘barrel band’on the M70 safari express?
 
My guess would be 99 but I’m certainly no expert. They had another “Super Express” that was discontinued in 98 (I think) but it employed a different barrel swivel whose rectangle plate was soldered to the underside of the barrel and didn’t include the ring.
 
Well I’m looking at one that’s for sale...the seller says it’s made in USA with CRF safari express . year of manufacture around 2010 unfired NIB , with the limited photo’s that was sent to me I noticed that there was no barrel band but a swivel post on the stock?
 
Well I’m looking at one that’s for sale...the seller says it’s made in USA with CRF safari express . year of manufacture around 2010 unfired NIB , with the limited photo’s that was sent to me I noticed that there was no barrel band but a swivel post on the stock?

It could actually be an Alaskan. The safaris have the band. The Alaskans have a stud but have a boss under the rear sight. That should make it easily identifiable.
 
Just to make sure the barrel hasn't been shortened or set back, have him measure with a tape measure. Lock end over muzzle and measure to front of gas hole on right side of receiver ring. That would be the "official" barrel length. That Alaskan model should have a 25" barrel +/- about 1/4". :)

This is a pic of a factory Winchester 70 375 with a 24" barrel. It is the Super Express model as mentioned earlier in the thread. As you can see it is not exactly 24". Closer to 23 3/4". I also measured a factory Safari Express in 416 Rem that officially is supposed to have a 24" barrel. It too measures 23 3/4" from muzzle to bolt face. Both of these are New Haven guns so not sure about FN 70s. But the barrel should be within 1/4" of official listed length.


Win 70 375.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,936
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top