AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Well show season is coming and I know people will be planning trips. Lets start the thread of sharing who has plans for a fun trip in 2018.

I will be going back to Sa with Paw print for a fun group hunt with some guys/gal from the site. Also going back to Namibia before Sa to hunt with Pieter delport again to chase some plains game down.

Hope to draw a tag or 2 in New mexico again to.

A friend and I will be going after some DG in either Zimbabwe, Zambia, or Moz. Still to be determined but will know something here in another month or so. Cant wait (y)(y):):)

Also would like to get out west again after mule deer or antelope!

I've got a trip to Namibia that I had originally booked for 2017 but moved to 2018 in order to do the SA hunt I just returned from. I'm also working on a DG hunt with a few outfitters and will probably firm that up sometime right after the DSC show in January.

I would also like to do an antelope hunt here in the US, but we'll have to wait and see how much vacation I have left after booking the DG hunt.

TAKING MY ADULT SON ON HIS FIRST TRIP TO AFRICA IN MARCH. IT IS WELL DESERVED FOR HIM AS WE SHARE A SMALL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AND WHILE I PLAYED ON ALL MY OTHER TRIPS HE KEPT THE NOSE TO THE STONE AND OUR JOBS RUNNING. OVERNIGHT IN JBERG AND THEN ON TO WINDHOEK WERE WE WILL SPEND 7 DAYS IN NW NAMIBIA ON A FREE RANGE CONCESSION WITH THORMAHLEN & COCHRAN FOR PLAINS GAME. ROAD TRIP! ON TO VIC FALLS WHERE WE HAVE 3 NIGHTS AT "THE KINGDOM" FOR A BIT OF REST, RELAX, SIGHTSEEING & SHOPPING. SHORT DRIVE BACK TO THE CAPRIVI FOR OWN USE JUMBO ON IMPALILA ISLAND WITH THORMAHLEN AGAIN. FLIGHT AND ANOTHER OVERNIGHT IN JBERG AND THEN WE ARE OFF TO THE KALAHARI WITH SEREPA SAFARIS WERE HOPEFULLY I WILL FINALLY GET TO SQUEEZE A TRIGGER! LION FOR ME AND MORE PLAINS GAME FOR LUKE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HANUKAH TO ALL OF Y'ALL!!

All set for an April eight day cull and varmint hunt with Jakkalskuil Safaris in the Northern Cape followed up with a four day fishing trip out of Richards Bay for marlin.

I'm having a hard time. Been invited on a group hunt with a sponsor on AH. I only know 1 of the 6 or so going. Have looked at a couple of plains game hunts that look like they get some top notch trophies. Thought I had someone to go with me, but they backed out. Butttt if I can wait another year I can probably go to Uganda or back to Zambia for a buffalo and maybe a Sitatunga..... It is hard to sit around and try to decide what I want to do most. Thought about going to SCI and looking at the auction hunts to try and go this year. Have turned the corner with my new knees and now just need to strengthen them for a hunt. A hunt is good motivation to work hard... So many good choices. Just like a kid in the candy store I don't know what I want the most. I hate being undecided....... Someone knows of a good deal send me a PM....
Bruce

I was hoping to make it back in 2018, but unexpected expenses (BIG unexpected expenses!!!), deaths in the family, and a family member with cancer and other issues will make it less probable. Will plan on 2019 now and hope that things will turn around this year for the better, since things have gotten a little worse every year since 2015.:(

South Africa for some bow and bird hunting in April and Europe in October for stag, roe deer and chamois.

South Africa in July for buffalo and Spain in October for Gredos Ibex and vacation in Madrid and Barcelona with the the lovely Mrs. RedLeg.

Heading to Botswana again. I’ve got a date with a large kudu and one particular very toothy swine that gave me the slip a couple of times this past May.

Also hoping to find an outfitter for black bear somewhere in North America for a hunt in 2018.
Highly recommend BC Trophy Mountain Outfiters. Have taken three nice boars over two years with them.
PM me if interested in details.

Wyoming for mule deer in October, West Virginia for whitetails in November. Not too much in the works for this year, my son who's my best hunting buddy is getting married in June. A lot is going to depend on his vacation schedule and what he's allowed to do with it. lol

wow looks like some great hunts plan already. I am sure after the shows there will be a few more great trips happening.

I was hoping to make it back in 2018, but unexpected expenses (BIG unexpected expenses!!!), deaths in the family, and a family member with cancer and other issues will make it less probable. Will plan on 2019 now and hope that things will turn around this year for the better, since things have gotten a little worse every year since 2015.:(
Sorry to hear this. I wish you the best, I too am hoping to make it back to Africa in 2019. A lot depends on my wife’s health..

January Kansas pheasant with a buddy that this will probably be his last hunt.
Will be trying to call in a cougar in Colorado during the winter season again. A bit spooky when you’re alone.
Winter coyote calling.
PawPrints in May for one of their good deals for sable for sure and who knows what else mother Africa will let me have.
Trout fishing in Colorado and Wyoming from my kayak during the summer months along with a Grey Reef float trip in Wyoming with a buddy.
July a grand family vacation like we use to do!
Fall, we’ll have to see what tags I draw.
Finally, I’m selling stuff and saving up in case one of those great late season Africa hunts comes up again (ele, Mr Spots? Who knows).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henrietta8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa