What would be your Dream Hunt!??

AnakKampuang

AH senior member
Reaction score
Articles
Hunted
Namibia, and Burkina Faso
i'm curious if you were given big sums of money and could afford any hunt but only one hunt, what would that ultimate hunt be?

so that's that's question to my fellow AH members, what would be your dream hunt ???

Either LDE or Mountain Nyala.

A two year hunt across Africa trying to get as many different species as possible, much like Roosevelt collecting for a museum.

I would take:
7x57mm
300 H&H/300WM
375 H&H
404 Jeff
500 Jeff
12ga

Well first, it would have to be with three or four good friends, also hunting. Not too long, say eight days. Definitely a remote tented camp in a wild concession with lion roaring and hyena whooping at night. Lowveld area with baobabs, jess and mopani bush. Dry dusty time of year, nice and hot, no mosquitoes but of course there have to be tsetse flies. Buffalo, zebra, impala and bushbuck on the ticket, and a few birds for the menu. Also lots of interesting game tidbits on the menu, and really good Cape wines. Country not too important provided all the above are met.

A two year hunt across Africa trying to get as many different species as possible, much like Roosevelt collecting for a museum.

I would take:
7x57mm
300 H&H/300WM
375 H&H
404 Jeff
500 Jeff
12ga
Thats a great answer!!!

Imagine going on a safari like roosevelt and his son kermit did that lasted months and harvesting 512 animals
17 lions
29 zebras
9 giraffe
27 gazelles
11 elephant
7 cheetah
8 hippopotamus
2. ostriches
4 crocodiles
10 Buffalo
3 Leopard
And many more..

Best part he didn't even have to pay for it, it was paid by the Smithsonian museum, can't get any better than that!

60 Days in Tanzania with Nathan Askew of AH and Bullet Safaris for the entire BIG FIVE. Elephant and Cape Buffalo with my double, Rhino with my 416, Lion and Leopard with my 375 H&H.

Something along the lines of Masai buffalo and all the indigenous plains game-gerenuk, grant, Roberts, tommie, lesser kudu, fringe eared oryx, one of those cool little kirks dik dik, whatever else we can track up...
would also love to hunt a giant leopard somewhere, anywhere

Last edited:
Hmmm, we did a full month last year and it just flew by. I would have to say a 28 day full bag Safari in a remote area. I would like it to be an area where the lion can be a tracking hunt and there is an honest chance at a +70# elephant. The target buffalo would be an old broken down scrum cap. Leopard over bait in the daylight. I don’t really care to shoot a rhino. Does that hunt even exist at any price anymore?

I’m hopefully planning to do lion & elephant so my dreams after that would be polar bear and mountain nyala but probably won’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieterUlme

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]