What vaccinations needed for Namibia?

Biggdawg

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
147
Reaction score
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
Izaak walton league of america
going to Namibia in june for my first safari, Where do I find out what vaccinations if any are needed?

does anyone know which ones are needed/required?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
 
No vaccinations or International Health Certificate are required to enter Namibia, however we suggest that you visit the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for their recommendations for travel in Namibia.

CDC recommends that you see a health-care provider who specializes in Travel Medicine. Find a travel medicine clinic near you by clicking here. If you have a medical condition, you should also share your travel plans with any doctors you are currently seeing for other medical reasons.

Recommended Vaccinations Include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Typhoid
- Rabies
- Routine vaccination if you are not up-to-date including Influenza, Polio, MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) and DPT (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus)

Malaria prophylactics medication is recommended for visitors to some parts of the country, ask your hunting outfitter and we suggest that you visit the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) for their recommendations for travel in Namibia as mosquitoes in this country are resistant to some antimalarial drugs.

The CDC is most credible online resource for up to date health information. Click here to visit the section dedicated to Traveler's Health specific to Namibia. Information about vaccinations, diseases, prevention, tips and much more can be found here.


Malaria Map of Namibia
Click here to enlarge Namibia malaria map.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Try the CDC.gov website, make sure you check with your own doctor Where are you going in Namibia? It makes a difference as far as Malaria treatment goes. We make sure our tetanus is up to date. We do Hepatitis B also. We did, a couple of years ago, re-up our polio booster just on general principle. If you go north in Namibia (Caprivi Strip) you will want to do a malaria regime. Malaria pills start several weeks before you go so start early if you need it.
Now tell us where you are going and what you want to hunt. We're listening.
 
We are going to 3 ranches all Windhoek or south, khomas Highlands, kalahari area by keetmanshoop, and karas hunting area between keetmanshoop and grunau.

I will try to find a local doctor -- haven't been to a doctor in many many years -- don't get sick -- yet

I am hunting with Kalahari Hunting Safaris Namibia Africa - Home

I am doing a plains game hunt -- my first trip to africa, Kudu, Gemsbok, and Impala are my top 3 with zebra and warthog on the list also.

this place has been invaluable, i have been learning a lot.
 
In case you want some more reading in health subjects and Namibia.

WHO | Namibia
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,018
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top