poco

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mexico, Canada,USA, Spain, Morocco
As I am researching, I’m seeing two distinct types of buffalo hunts on the package list, exportable and non, bull buffalo hunts.
what is the difference? None = can’t bring the skull & hide home to the usa or Mexico?
as I definitely want my buffalo skulls and hides , I need some clarification
I thought elephants were the only animals none & importable?
probly a stupid newby question

At least in Namibia, a certain number of tags are designated “own use” and allocated to the tribal areas. The entirety of the animal belongs to and is distributed to the local people. They also get a certain portion of the fees you pay and outfitter must provide a certain amount of employment, etc. The animals selected are not generally “trophy” animals but are selected for meat or management value. You get the experience at a reduced fee. The animals become more valuable to the local people if they are hunted than if they are poached. Everybody wins.

As I am researching, I’m seeing two distinct types of buffalo hunts on the package list, exportable and non, bull buffalo hunts.
what is the difference? None = can’t bring the skull & hide home to the usa or Mexico?
as I definitely want my buffalo skulls and hides , I need some clarification
I thought elephants were the only animals none & importable?
probly a stupid newby question
"S-3",

"Burt the Turtle" has provided a great post.
Please allow me to chime in as well . .

The key word is "non-exportable" and does not mean that it cannot be brought home to the USA or Mexico . . . but means that it cannot be EXPORTED from the country where it was hunted. In order for a wildlife trophy to cross an international border it must be legally exported from the country of origin and legally imported by the destination country. Every country has their own policies and regulations that must be complied with and unfortunately these are not necessarily standardized (it can be complicated). Needless to say if you wish to have your buffalo trophy eventually come "home", you should not book a non-exportable buffalo hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fiah Gilbert

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]