What is a good thread locking compound for a threaded barrel?

cash_tx

AH elite
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
1,875
Reaction score
6,424
Media
7
Articles
1
I recently bought a semi auto 22LR pistol that has a barrel threaded for a suppressor. I don't plan on attaching a suppressor to this gun anytime soon, so just leaving the cap in place for now. However, when I was test firing the gun earlier today; I noticed the thread cap was working loose after about two magazines or so. I was thinking about putting a small amount of Loctite 242 Blue on the threads, but is there a more appropriate thread locker for this application?
 
Clear fingernail polish typically does a decent job for temp locking threads…

Just raid that women’s make up stash I know you keep, and you’ll be good..

[emoji23] :D
 
Plumber’s tape if you don’t want *too* permanent of a solution. Still enough for…errr…some of the FASTER shooting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,571,695
Members
169,398
Latest member
EXLDarcy51
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top