Warthog shoulder mount - real tusks or replicas

Bill A

New member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Guys I just got back from my first African safari and I was fortunate enough to bag a very large warthog. I am having a shoulder mount done but I am considering using replica tusks and keeping the real ones out as a separate trophy. What do you think? Real or replica in the mount.
 
That is exactly what I did and glad that I did. I have the upper tusks in a shadow box and had the lower ones capped in silver to hang around my sons and my neck.
 
Capricorn taxidermy is making a replica of my lioness skull to use in the mount. Mike over there is cleaning and polishing the skull to put on my desk. I think that will be a great conversation starter.
 
Replica's in the mount and real ones in a display case of some sorts that is small enough to sit on a desk/coffee table etc
 
Yes, that is the way to go if you have an animal that is one for the books or is unusual- have a replica of the tusks or horns made to go into the mount, then real tusks or horns back onto the skull or display stand.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,812
Members
169,025
Latest member
AracelisMa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top