WANTED: Wingshooting South Africa

Brackolino

Reaction score
Hunted
zimbabwe, namibia, south africa, hungary, poland, romania, england
I`m looking for a pigeon hunt / wingshooting in south africa for 2-3 hunters.
maybe there is anyone interested on a exchange to hunt in germany at one of the best wildboar destinations.
I´m sorry for my bad english... :)

Last edited:
Welcome to AH.

I am certain your point will get across to the Outfitters.

We specialize in wing shooting with our South African company, based 2.5 hours South of Johannesburg. We are shooting rock pigeon over the sunflower fields. Pigeons will start flying the beginning of April until about the end of May.

Hi, could you please send me some prices on your rock pigeon hunt?

Few pictures of rock pigeon. Locals waiting to get the rewards of the shoot.
IMG-20140401-00676.jpg
L1010969.JPG

Just getting warmed up..
rockies1.jpg
rockies 2.jpg
rockies3.jpg

Talk to most any of the outfitters and they can get you on birds!

@CAustin , I totally disagree on your post "talk to most any of the outfitters and they can get you on birds"! Bird hunting is a very specialized type of hunting, it's not just a case of grab a shotgun and go blow a few birds. If you running a proper wing shooting operation you are studying your birds all the time, watching their flight patterns, where they feeding, where do they feed if it's a west or east wind. Do you have trained dogs for the retrieving? There is more stress on an outfitter bird hunting because of all the enviromental factors. A few of us have really worked hard on marketing wing shooting, but always get problems marketing because every Outfitter thinks how hard is it to hunt birds and book hunts and end up giving wing shooting a bad name in Sa.

Interesting take on it Simon! There is a lot to be said for an outfitter with well trained dogs! Watching a good bird dog here in the states is something to behold!
What kind of dogs do you use Simon? German short hairs?

Yes, German short pointers, they are the best for all round general work. Pointing, retrieving on land and water, following up blood trail. My one young bitch is also learning to bay bushpig.

Now that's what I'd like to do is hunt bush pig!

It requires a lot of walking and running if we going flat out for them, best is to line guns up across a valley and let the dogs and beaters flush them past the guns.

@CAustin , here's my young bitch "Shadow" doing her morning training.
Shadow.jpg

20150702_072052.jpg
20150704_094538.jpg
Good day sir, we are located 90 minutes northwest of O R Tambo airport, with a german speaking management to our lodge. Have a look at Flintbecklodge.co.za. We offer pigeons, groundbirds and waterfowl.

Yes sir Flintbeck lodge is a wonderful place to hunt and relax.

We have good pigeon shooting in Ireland also. Probably not as warm but the flight is not as long
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bird hunting is a very specialized type of hunting, it's not just a case of grab a shotgun and go blow a few birds. If you running a proper wing shooting operation you are studying your birds all the time, watching their flight patterns, where they feeding, where do they feed if it's a west or east wind. Do you have trained dogs for the retrieving? There is more stress on an outfitter bird hunting because of all the enviromental factors. A few of us have really worked hard on marketing wing shooting, but always get problems marketing because every Outfitter thinks how hard is it to hunt birds and book hunts and end up giving wing shooting a bad name in Sa.

+1

We do wingshooting about a hour and a half out of JHB and its not that easy if you need to outfit the event for clients. The right dogs is key to an event like this with know ing your flight patterns for the area.

Loads of fun if done right.

Regards,
Adriaan

Hello Adriaan,
sounds good! Sorry, but we have booked our wingshooting.
Maybe we look for a hunt next year. Please tell about your hunt some more.

regards Fabian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyeGrove7

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?