Wanted Specific Rifle Dakota 416 Rigby

112Savage

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hello all, I know this is a long shot but here goes. In July 2022 I bought a left hand Dakota 76 30-06 in the African style. It had a sister rifle in 416 Rigby which had the same serial number except with R at the beginning. The serial number is R0171L. I didn’t have the funds to buy both at the same time but now I’m trying to see if I can find and purchase that rifle. The rifle was sold by Lock Stock and Barrel on gunbroker ending July 24, 2022. If anyone would have a lead on this I would appreciate it.

IMG_4091.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, I know this is a long shot but here goes. In July 2022 I bought a left hand Dakota 76 30-06 in the African style. It had a sister rifle in 416 Rigby which had the same serial number except with R at the beginning. The serial number is R0171L. I didn’t have the funds to buy both at the same time but now I’m trying to see if I can find and purchase that rifle. The rifle was sold by Lock Stock and Barrel on gunbroker ending July 24, 2022. If anyone would have a lead on this I would appreciate it.

Call LSB and ask them if they'd forward your email to the purchaser of that auction.

Perhaps you could find the GB user that won the auction. Should be doable. If they also post items for sale, you could write them through their “for sale” auctions. Just a thought.

Unfortunately LSB won’t give me the GB sale number and I never bid on it. I can’t find it in my watch history. Can you tell me how to find old watched items? Looks like they get cleared after 90 days

I have the same issue last August I bought a Dakota 76 made in 1989 in 416 Remington Magnum it had a sister rifle and I really would like to find that rifle someday and purchase it, the sister rifle was a 300 H&H serial number 0700-1.

I’ve already tried that. They said they couldn’t.
Try asking them if they would forward a message from you to the purchaser that has your contact info. That way they aren’t handing out his info and he can contact you if he wishes to.

Unfortunately LSB won’t give me the GB sale number and I never bid on it. I can’t find it in my watch history. Can you tell me how to find old watched items? Looks like they get cleared after 90 days

This not a complete archive by any means, but can be another tool.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichieOCon

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here