Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
I'm looking for a new or serviceable magazine for this recent purchase. I've tried all of the usual places like Brownells, Midway, Cabela's, Numrich, MidWest Guns, etc. If you have one to spare, please let me know. There are a few on eBay, but they are asking almost as much as I paid for the rifle.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 6.46.37 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 6.46.37 AM Large.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 73
I can remember buying a 742 Magazine at the local hardware store near my hunting property. Brownel's Gun Tech. told me that Remington hasn't shipped any parts for the last 5 years or so.

R.M.C. thanks for your offer to take a look. I hope you find that there is a spare mag. laying around.

Back in the mid 70(s) I lived in PA between Bloomsburg and Berwick. At the time I was working on the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station.

Shootist43,
If R.M.C doesn't have one to spare I'm pretty I have two 5 round and two 10 or 15 round (dont remember the size) mags.

Then again I'll have to look, because these mags might be for 740, 742, and 7400 that I had in 30-06.

Ridge Runner, your offer is an excellent back-up plan. I think the only difference between the two magazines is that the one for the 742 has a release button / slide on the bottom left-hand side that releases the bolt that is held back when the last shot is fired. I'm looking for the 4-shot magazine used in hunting rifles.

R.M.C. thanks for your offer to take a look. I hope you find that there is a spare mag. laying around.

Back in the mid 70(s) I lived in PA between Bloomsburg and Berwick. At the time I was working on the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station.
Unfortunately I can't find the darn thing , sorry about that. I will check with my father, he might have one laying around from years ago. Oh cool, I am north of there, right on the border of NY.

Ridge Runner, your offer is an excellent back-up plan. I think the only difference between the two magazines is that the one for the 742 has a release button / slide on the bottom left-hand side that releases the bolt that is held back when the last shot is fired. I'm looking for the 4-shot magazine used in hunting rifles.
It's been a good while since I've owned a 74 or 76 series the small mags maybe just hold 4.

Had a friend give me the other 2 larger capacity mags. They would draw attention from some of the other shooters, especially the AR shooters, when I would insert the larger mags and go semi BAR on the 100 yard range at a shallotte target.

It'll be Wednesday or Thursday before I get home to look for the mags.

Call BRADBURYS GUN N TACKLE in Grants Pass, OR and tell him I sent you and he will give you a good deal on a short magazine. I was just in there last week and saw a couple different Remington mags in the "dusty magazine shelf"! LOL! Good luck, hope you find one.

gprippers, I called Bradburys, they did have a 760 magazine, unfortunately it was the short action version. Thanks for the lead and trying to help out.

If no one else has one gimme a holler. I have a spare mag for my 7400. It’s marked for a 270, but I think they are compatible. I have one without the lever.

We all know that AH is filled with good people. The first day I posted this thread I contacted Mark Biggerstaff a long time AH member who works at R & M Firearms and asked for his help. He told me that they didn't have any new magazines but that he'd look thru a couple of boxes of odds and ends for a used one. Initially he came up empty. But after a few minutes he called me back stating that he remembered a third box and lo and behold, he found one. He boxed it up and shipped it out. Note that no funds have changed hands. After I get the magazine and try it out to make sure it works, I'm to mail him a check. This is yet another example of AH members helping each other out.

However, if it doesn't work, I'll be contacting those that have offered a plan B. Thanks to everyone that responded to my post.

We all know that AH is filled with good people. The first day I posted this thread I contacted Mark Biggerstaff a long time AH member who works at R & M Firearms and asked for his help. He told me that they didn't have any new magazines but that he'd look thru a couple of boxes of odds and ends for a used one. Initially he came up empty. But after a few minutes he called me back stating that he remembered a third box and lo and behold, he found one. He boxed it up and shipped it out. Note that no funds have changed hands. After I get the magazine and try it out to make sure it works, I'm to mail him a check. This is yet another example of AH members helping each other out.

However, if it doesn't work, I'll be contacting those that have offered a plan B. Thanks to everyone that responded to my post.
If it fits - “if” you really lucked out. I’ve purchased 3 on line in the last year for 760 Gamemaster in .308 —- NONE FIT, even though two were new in the packaging “left overs” and stated on the original packaging for 760 or 7600 —- someone must’ve changed. I believe a gunsmith can alter them to fit properl.

No problem Art.
Glad to try and help you. Like I said if it doesn't work. Just send it back. If it does, we can settle up then.

Super Cool

There are several 760 magazines coming up for sale tomorrow (10/21/23 at an auction in PA. Do a search for PAauctioncenter in East Earl, PA. You can bid online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam930787

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED