Wanted Mid-Range Double Rifle 9.3x74r Or?

There are two very fine O/U doubles for sale here in the classifieds at a great price

Thanks for getting back to me - Toby & Jay
Thinking of a 9.3x74r - 9.3x 62 - 8x57
Some thing that's easy to get ammo for but I will be reloading also.
I have a 470 NE which I will keep but would like something with less recoil to shoot quite often.
And Jay, I would really like a side/side rather than a o/u.

Thanks again,
Ron

Would definitely lean towards the 9.3x62 ammo is available and it’s easy on the shoulder!

I took a leopard and a whole bunch of bait impala out to 200 yards with a 9.3x74R a couple of years ago.

1705371944744.png

I would go with the 9.3x74 also tank. If the rifle is built correctly the case design won’t matter. Especially for a PG rifle.

My perfect smaller frame double would be 23” barrels or shorter, color case action. Lower grade walnut with a POW grip. And since I’m dreaming all that for $4500

I would go with the 9.3x74 also tank. If the rifle is built correctly the case design won’t matter. Especially for a PG rifle.

My perfect smaller frame double would be 23” barrels or shorter, color case action. Lower grade walnut with a POW grip. And since I’m dreaming all that for $4500

Should be feasible on the used market, for that price.

If you want a double then it's 9.3x74R you want, not x62 or other rimless stuff IMO. I have drillings in both rimmed and rimless chamberings. Rimmed is better.

I think Krieghoff has some interesting options. Their double in the 9.3mm and smaller cartridges has an adjustable muzzle (as does their double rifle drilling). This would allow for a lot of precision in fine tuning a load and regulation, adding to the versatility. Nosler's 9.3mm 250gr Accubond has a decently high BC and can be driven fast enough to be viable on plains game at extended ranges for example.

I have a 9.3x74r double by Sabatti, very accurate and handles very well. Can’t go wrong with this option.

I highly recommend the Merkel 141. Classic German maker for a classic German caliber like the 9.3x74mmR.

Another rimmed caliber that is not classic, but nevertheless deserves praise… is the .500/416 Nitro Express. In my humble opinion, this is the best double rifle caliber for lions. My rifle of choice in this caliber would be the Heym Model 89B.

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!