Wanted 1 1/4" to 1" Bushing For Reloading Press

ktk120

AH veteran
Reaction score
Anyone done with one or have an extra they want to unload. I'm going to get into 500J and picked up a set of dies and realized I need the bushing to allow my Rockchucker to accept the 1" dies. I know they are readily available but thought I would check here

86QPK0J.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting timing. I happen to have spent the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this very issue for RCBS Safari dies. This bushing (at least from RCBS) is NOT readily available, and come to find out has been discontinued for quite some time. A whole week of working higher up the chain with RCBS and Vista Outdoors, and highlighting the fact they readily sell Safari Dies that are currently impossible to run in any RCBS press, I apparently created quite a stir. A rep contacted me directly and said she located some and could ship me one. She also informed that management has now been made well aware of this issue. In parallel, the previous day I located and ordered a bushing from another vendor, CH4D.

CH4D bushing is half the price. If you want RCBS, call their customer service number, get to RCBS, then ask for Robin.

I never got a straight answer on why this item was discontinued. Looking at a spec drawing, I do know that the differing thread pitches between 1 1/4" and 1" do not allow much "meat" at all between the two threads.

Isn’t this bushing standard in all RCBS Rockchucker presses?

Accepts Standard 7/8"-14 thread dies with bushing, and 1-1/4"-12 without bushing

Interesting timing. I happen to have spent the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this very issue for RCBS Safari dies. This bushing (at least from RCBS) is NOT readily available, and come to find out has been discontinued for quite some time. A whole week of working higher up the chain with RCBS and Vista Outdoors, and highlighting the fact they readily sell Safari Dies that are currently impossible to run in any RCBS press, I apparently created quite a stir. A rep contacted me directly and said she located some and could ship me one. She also informed that management has now been made well aware of this issue. In parallel, the previous day I located and ordered a bushing from another vendor, CH4D.

CH4D bushing is half the price. If you want RCBS, call their customer service number, get to RCBS, then ask for Robin.

I never got a straight answer on why this item was discontinued. Looking at a spec drawing, I do know that the differing thread pitches between 1 1/4" and 1" do not allow much "meat" at all between the two threads.
Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. I will call RCBS and see what they say since my dies are RCBS. I know Redding I believe makes them for about $25 as well and are available

I called RCBS spoke to Robin. They were only going to sell me one for $52. At that point its half price from the other mentioned places.

Got mine from Buffalo Arms. Can't remember price off hand, but I know it was less than $50.

I recently went through the exact same process trying to find the right adapter. I sent multiple emails to RCBS and they said you need an adapter...yes...what is the part number! Frustrating. Finally I got on their tech line and waited on hold forever to get to a tech expert and was able to order the right part...RCBS - adapter #57191.

Lee sent me this adapter (plastic) for my RCBS Rockchucker Supreme when I ordered a Factory Crimp Die for my 404J. I do not need it. PM me if interested.

These can be hard to find. Pre COVID-19, I had a .500 Jeffery, and bought a Redding Big Boss press that came with a 7/8"x14 bushing, once removed became a 1 1/4 inch thread.

I needed a 7/8" to 1" bushing to work with the RCBS dies. Luckily, I bought the last one from Midway, at that time, but I paid $89 shipped. This one piece costs half the price of the RCBS 3-die set, and more than a custom Lee Factory Crimp die.

I spent a lot of time with a tech person from a national warehouse for various fittings, adapters, etc. In their vast inventory, they had nothing like this adapter so just a heads up if anyone was thinking of spending time on the phone with a big parts company. RCBS was my only solution and as noted above, that took numerous attempts. I'm still waiting on the part to arrive several weeks after ordering what they said was in stock. It was also low in stock so heads up on that.

There appears to be readily available options other than RCBS through multiple sources. I was more just looking to see if anyone here had one they didn't need. Appreciate the input from all.

I have one somewhere that I'd send to you. It would just be a few weeks at least until I could look for it

Papabaer55, if you found the RCBS Press Bushing #57191 ( 1 1/4” -12 to 1” -14 ), I’d love to purchase from you. RCBS was lost on my call with their correct part number and everything- but then again I didn’t talk to Robin, either. If available- thanks. If not, no big.

Hello fellow African hunters. I have one of these bushing that I bought a while back but I was trying to find one of these bushings for a friend of mine when I came across this post. I still have not found one to buy, but I have a CNC lathe, so I'll be cranking one out for him. If anyone else needs one contact me and we'll bargain for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaraAlders

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with