Venatti Rifle Case Review

MontanaGrant

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
So I was looking for some old school rifle cases. At suggestion of a member here I can up with Venatti. I went ahead and order a "long" rifle case. Got a 10% off code and then there was shipping for a total of $287 for the case. While waiting for it, I did some more looking and Venatti purchased the cases line/manufacturing,etc. of a business called "Jeffs outfitters" in Cape Girardeau MO that had been in business a long time and closed down in late 2022/early 23. He had the cases made in Mexico.

It arrived very quickly (5 days from ordering). VIA fedex but their automatic paclage tracker directed me to UPS. I recognized it as a fedex format number so was still able to track it. VERY well packaged. Heavy wrapped bubble wrap with no gaps and taped 100% solid.

The outside is solid. Stitching is done well with the corners nicely fitted (no bulges or excess and perfectly tapered for a nice fit). The inside is nicely put together. The straps for the rifle and bolt are solid and I don't believe will move. The interior wood baffles are solid and nicely made.

The DOWNSIDES......there's a number of them:
The lock and key are absolute garbage. You don't feel anything move and can rotate the key forever. I actually didnt think the key was metal until I scraped it. It and the lock/latch felt like plastic.

The compartments are very small.....I THINK....I can fit in a cartridge wallet in the two upper ones...maybe. I'll put a sling in the lower one.

Being not custom fitted to a specific rifle the front end can "flop". Not horribly as the upper matting presses down pretty decent. The CZ550 .416 Rigby fit snug. My Ruger Africans slopped a LOT.

The fixes I plan on making:
New lock. Dimensions online appear I can get a typical luggage/briefcase lock and install.

Add a barrel strap.

Long term: I may gut the inside and redo it in a better manner. It's a good base to build on, the leather and stitching on the outside is solid. Where some of the older cases don't measure up.

OVERALL: A good case for the money but could use some tweaking. I'll see if they would take input because a few small tweaks would be easy. Or worth an extra $200 to pay for something a shade nicer.

I also want to say I got NOTHING out of this....Bought with my own money. Just figured with how little info is out there I'd help someone out looking for something I have been and not worrying about gambling if it's a legit site or not.
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg

Looks like a really nice case and I completely agree about the lock. Old school case would have had a type of trunk draw bolt latch, most likely one on each end. I think the use of screws vs brad nails would be a better choice as well. Plenty of options for upgrading.

Thank You for the honest review

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvelyneGan

Latest profile posts

Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles
Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian