Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa
I ready the sticky post on VAT tax refunds, but 1 still have one question (in a couple parts).

So potential VAT refund on products exported but not on services.... Clearly the daily rates of a hunt would be services. But are the trophy fees or any part of the hunt considered 'products' and therefore refundable? If so, how does one go about obtaining a refund as the 'product' is at the dip and pack facility. Just need to show appropriate receipts/documentation from the outfitter.

I'm sure it's too much to hope of that any part of this is refundable, but figured I'd ask!

I ready the sticky post on VAT tax refunds, but 1 still have one question (in a couple parts).

So potential VAT refund on products exported but not on services.... Clearly the daily rates of a hunt would be services. But are the trophy fees or any part of the hunt considered 'products' and therefore refundable? If so, how does one go about obtaining a refund as the 'product' is at the dip and pack facility. Just need to show appropriate receipts/documentation from the outfitter.

I'm sure it's too much to hope of that any part of this is refundable, but figured I'd ask!
Trophy fees are not subject to VAT tax, only wounded or non exported animals.

Thanks @jeff. At up to 20% rate, that makes a big difference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg