Using a Pelican case for Ammunition

Ardent

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
284
Reaction score
309
Deals & offers
2
Media
20
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
Canada (British Columbia, Alberta), Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Limpopo, North Cape), USA
I'm hoping to use a locked Pelican case for my ammunition, seperate from the guns of course. I'll be flying a combination of Air Canada and SAA, from what I can tell, I'm in accordance however I've recently heard rumours of metal cases being required. Any thoughts?
 
As far as I know, you will be fine with a Pelican as it is lockable and not easily broken into.

Another piece of advice off topic would be to avoid Air Canada if you can. I don't know about you, but I really object to the extra fee they charge - both ways - for your firearm. I will not pay it and I have always been able to find a flight with another airline that does not penalize hunters with rifles. :mad:
 
Hey Ardent. I was in Africa recently and I flew SAA with a pelican case for both my rifles and ammunition. Absolutely not a problem.
 
I use a small Pelican case for my ammo (with padlocks) and put it in my checked baggage. No problem on AA and Quatar Air.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,006
Members
169,219
Latest member
LizetteMcC
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top