USA: Daughters Buck Hunt

HuntingGold

AH elite
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
4,520
Location
South-Central Oregon
Media
159
Hunting reports
Africa
8
USA/Canada
2
Mex/S.Amer
1
Europe
2
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Romania, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
The kid drew a really good tag here in Oregon. I have been close to getting all my kids to quit hunting because of my style (deep back country and spot and stalk). In a last ditch attempt to keep this one involved, I kept it easy and it may have payed off. She is now asking about other hunts.

This buck was taken with one shot from an unassisted standing position, through the neck at 45 - 50 yards. Due to the brush she could not take a knee, nor did she have an opportunity at broadside. She was 50 yards away from me and made her own decision. The deer went down as if hit by a hammer.

Thank goodness for the hundreds of 22 and 17 rounds she put down range shooting at ground squirrels. That shooting paid off.
Here is the deer:
DSCN1173.JPG
DSCN1167.JPG
 
The deer scores out at 163 +/- Boone and Crockett. The narrow frame kinda hides his size. I was fooled, I thought 155ish tops.
Here she is last summer. While learning to drive in an open field, she spotted a little bunch of ground squirrels, stopped the car, stepped out and went prone, then quickly went to work. It was hilarious to see her taking the little critters out one by one.

The rifle in the photo above (with the deer) is a Kimber 84M in a .308. The loads are reduced loads I developed for that gun to keep the flinch out. The rifle below is a Ruger American Rimfire.
20150525_134937.jpg
 
Its always good to see young hunters coming to the fore, congratulations young lady!
 
Nice trophy and very good call on her part.
CONGRATULATIONS.
 
Thanks all. She is pretty happy and so am I.
Marius... that is the little one! It is Elia... she has grown up!
Here is Randee just three weeks ago... MARRIED.
Handshake.jpg
Randee and Nathan Ball.jpg
 
Congrats to the hunter and the happy dad ! Nice buck
 
The deer scores out at 163 +/- Boone and Crockett. The narrow frame kinda hides his size. I was fooled, I thought 155ish tops.
Here she is last summer. While learning to drive in an open field, she spotted a little bunch of ground squirrels, stopped the car, stepped out and went prone, then quickly went to work. It was hilarious to see her taking the little critters out one by one.

The rifle in the photo above (with the deer) is a Kimber 84M in a .308. The loads are reduced loads I developed for that gun to keep the flinch out. The rifle below is a Ruger American Rimfire.
View attachment 51907

good trainer and smart to keep the recoil down. I still have a flinch after being handed a kicker when I was a kid.
 
Thanks all for the wonderful replies!
 
Great mulie ! Congratulations to your daughter !
 
That's awesome I really hope to get a mulie that nice. Great deer and great shooting!
 
Nice buck. Tell your daughter congratulations, and a big thanks to you for passing on the hunting tradition to the next generation.
 
Congratulations to your daughter!! Thats really awesome...
 
FANTASTIC.. great to see such competence in the young lady.
 
Congratulations! I love it when the younger generations are brought up with hunting flowing deep in their veins.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,088
Members
169,696
Latest member
pmetnewsfiblie1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top