United EWR-JNB

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
9,433
Reaction score
21,810
Location
Texas
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
139
Articles
16
Hunting reports
Africa
15
USA/Canada
4
Asia/M.East
2
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Spain, Austria, Australia, TX, CO, NM
Will they allow you to take weapons?
 
Good question.
 
United is ok with weapons, being from NJ and close to Newark Airport, I use them alot. My one cautionary tale is do not take possession of your weapons at Newark airport. Meaning if your flight is cancelled or you need to stay over due to flight scheduling, you must make arrangements so that you do not have to take possession. ie, fly in the night before and stay in a hotel. It is just illegal for non NJ residents to have a gun. I know crazy but it is what it is.
118766491_327602851817986_8765260077237849122_n.jpg
 
Never heard of this law. I hunted NJ as a non resident. There are a few gun clubs in South Jersey that the guys from PA, DE and MD go to shoot clays.
 
Nj law requires you to go straight to a gun range or hunting spot and straight home. No stops or layovers, technically no bathroom breaks for example. With that said, there have been cases as describe where the traveler had trouble when they went back to the airport to check in.
 
Before Covid19 I had heard United was going to Cape Town. I have some miles on my United credit card.
 
Before Covid19 I had heard United was going to Cape Town. I have some miles on my United credit card.
Yes that flight was and still is in operation. With the obvious delays this year. Guns or no guns it will put pressure on prices as the average traveler does not carry guns.
 
So if United is going to Ghana what does that mean for SAA who flies through there on way to JNB? It appears that SAA is still flying that route next year.
 
Be nice for some competition . Is it just me or is American airlines not so great.
Only airline I've had cancel and delay flights . I've flown them 3 times and had problems 3 times. Hope it works out for Africa. Definatly need more flight options.
 
Not sure this is entirely on point, but has anyone ever (conclusively) figured out the issue of transmitting the US with firearms as a non-resident?

Since there are direct flights from Calgary to Newark, and United is Star Alliance, a non-stop from Newark to JNB has a lot of appeal, but I've never been able to get a straight answer on transmitting the US with firearms as a Canadian. As a result, I fly through London or Frankfurt, but that adds a day to the trip.
 
Not sure this is entirely on point, but has anyone ever (conclusively) figured out the issue of transmitting the US with firearms as a non-resident?

Since there are direct flights from Calgary to Newark, and United is Star Alliance, a non-stop from Newark to JNB has a lot of appeal, but I've never been able to get a straight answer on transmitting the US with firearms as a Canadian. As a result, I fly through London or Frankfurt, but that adds a day to the trip.

Hank, Maybe the gurus at Gracy Travel or Travel Express would have the answer to your question? Gracy works on Canada trips.
 
Interesting, I flew SAA five times JFK to JNB in different years. Never had a problem with Port Authority Police or TSA there. Process changed a few times over the years but no issues aside from delays with long lines in customs on return (not forearm related). Of course its no longer relevant given the SAA situation.
 
Firearm or forearm related. Either one.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,268
Members
169,990
Latest member
RachelleAu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top