UK import restrictions

studely

New member
Joined
Apr 8, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all, hope this is the best place to ask.

I am planning my first hunting trip to Africa from Scotland for plains game.

Having read various advice it seems a recent change is to not bother bringing/sending back any taxidermy at all.

Whilst for my first trip I am likely to do a management cull and not be focused on trophies I was wondering if anyone has recent experience on the process for bringing back the following to the UK:

-euorpean style skull mount
- animal skins, eg a hide to make a rug etc

Any info on the process and recent experiences would be gratefully received

Thanks


Sam
 
Hi Sam, there is no import restrictions on any legally hunted animal or any taxidermy at the moment. You are free to do as you wish as long as you have your permits in place which your outfitter, taxidermist and shipping company will make sure of.
Have a great hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,798
Members
169,855
Latest member
ryoutarimthe1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top