Two classic Afrikaans stories

Kalaharikind

New member
Joined
Apr 23, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
23
Guys Im looking for great gun related stories that Ive read long ago.
First one is Hoe skat skiet jy met n 303.
Second one is Which caliber do you hunt with? The one where you inherited your 243.

Please post them here if you dont mind. Its so funny and its cultural heritage I believe.
 
On that note I have a little joke to share that I find precious.

During the 1899 - 1902 Anglo-Boer War about 20 trapped Boers found themselves surrounded by the Queen's soldiers on a small hill somewhere in the Orange Freestate. They had decent cover behind some rocks, and elevation advantage, but the eventual outcome looked pretty bleak.

So the one "penkop" (youngster) asked his veteran father... Dad, how many Boers are we?
The old greybeard, scanning left and right, answered... About 20 I reckon.

After a moment of silence the young lad, clutching his 7mm Mauser with very little ammo left, asked... And how many English soldiers are there down there dad?

The elder, not beating around the bush, declared... 300 to 400 men and at least 4 cannons.

A weighty and prolonged silence ensued.

Finally the young Boer lad laconically stated... I guess we will be finishing late again today dad?

No offense to my English friends and brothers. Its just a joke. I know you guys have a sense of humour far superior to mine.
Im happy to hear yours as well Sirs.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,314
Messages
1,572,606
Members
169,592
Latest member
digitalonetick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top