Trophy recovery issue

gr1ffer

AH member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
23
Media
14
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Hello all
Hoping someone can help resolve an issue I’ve never encountered before. I hunted in Belarus 9 months ago and harvested a fantastic moose. The outfitter was left with the trophy and said he would contact me when it was ready. Well 9 months later and nothing. I send regular messages both email & watsapp and I can see the outfitter reads them but refuses to respond. There does seem somthing a little dodgy going on. Anyone encountered this situation before.
Thanks all
Griff
 
Griff
Was this booked with a US booking agent or direct with outfitter? If a booking agent is involved that is where you can get some help. If you can’t get a response very soon I’d post a negative report on The Hunting Report as well as SCI’s hunter information system with Barbara Crown.

Best of luck,
Philip
 
Who is it?
 
Thanks Philip,
It was booked through a uk agent who quite annoyingly is no longer in buissness. I’ve contacted sci (London chapter) who have so far been very helpful and are making some enquiries. I’ve also contacted ministry of forestry and hunting association of Belarus. Hopefully between these I can get this resolved. One thing is certain I’ll never hunt in Belarus again.
 
Did the booking agent disappear totally? Did you track the owner down?

Perhaps the booking agent did not pay the Outfitter? Did you determine that?
 
I tried contacting the outfitter as well to establish this but they also don’t reply to emails
 
Without a name and contact information I can't help you.
PM, if you want.

Unknown.jpeg
 
Hi Griff,
I'd like to see what we can do to help. I will send you a PM to get information on your hunt/outfitter.

Tom
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,365
Members
169,344
Latest member
linebet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top