Traveling with Minors to South Africa

ILhunt

Reaction score
My husband and I are bringing our kids to South Africa with us, all kids are minors. I have the Parental Consent Affidavit, I am trying to fill it out and will travel with the kids' birth certificates, but I wonder how to complete the Commissioner of Oaths section, do I need to find a notary to complete this section? If you have traveled with minors, what did you do?

Somebody has to have the answer to this one.

I'd make it simple.

Call a travel agent that specializes in travel to Africa such as Jennifer at @TRAVEL EXPRESS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I travelled alone (my wife staying at home with the youngest son) with my two kids to Zim and RSA. At that time they were 8 and 11. I had the same documents prepared without any notary confirmation.
Long story short: nobody was ever interested in this documents!
But: better to have them, that’s sure!

I’ve came through Johannesburg with my 16 year old daughter on the 5th. I had the paperwork notorized and her birthday certificate. No one were asked for anything. But we had used Gracy travel and had Michael walking us through everything. I can say how easy Gracy made everything. We will fly home tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes on the way back.

MY SON IS RETURNING TODAY WITH HIS WIFE AND TWO DAUGHTERS, 12 & 16. NO AFFIDAVIT AT ALL.
BUT: AS ABOVE, BETTER TO HAVE AND NOT NEED

Took our youngest to RSA when she was 16 and 17 (she’s also going again this year at 18)…

We did all the paperwork.. to include getting notarized the first time around..

But no one has ever asked to see anything other than a passport..

And her last name is different than mine and my wife’s (child from a previous marriage)..

I took my son in 2016, he was 13 at the time and his mother did not go with us. I did the parental consent affidavit and had it notarized before we left home.
When we arrived in SA the customs official looked over the affidavit and asked where his mother is... I replied that she stayed home...He checked our passports and we moved along....

My husband and I are bringing our kids to South Africa with us, all kids are minors. I have the Parental Consent Affidavit, I am trying to fill it out and will travel with the kids' birth certificates, but I wonder how to complete the Commissioner of Oaths section, do I need to find a notary to complete this section? If you have traveled with minors, what did you do?

I just got back from RSA. Traveled with both kids and wife. Everyone needs a passport and the kids need certified copies of birth certificates. No one checked anything other than passports though. As long as both parents are going you don’t need any permission letters or anything.

I just got back from RSA. Traveled with both kids and wife. Everyone needs a passport and the kids need certified copies of birth certificates. No one checked anything other than passports though. As long as both parents are going you don’t need any permission letters or anything.

Thank you so much, we will go ahead and have them notarized and their birth certificates, but this has me feeling a bit better! We leave in a little over a week and I am trying to make sure everything is in order!!
I hope that your kids loved South Africa!

Thank you so much, we will go ahead and have them notarized and their birth certificates, but this has me feeling a bit better! We leave in a little over a week and I am trying to make sure everything is in order!!
I hope that your kids loved South Africa!
My kids had no desire to ever leave South Africa. They still talk to me about it every day and keep asking when I think we can go back. My best advice is take a massive amount of pictures and if your kids are planning on hunting take extra cash.

My kids had no desire to ever leave South Africa. They still talk to me about it every day and keep asking when I think we can go back. My best advice is take a massive amount of pictures and if your kids are planning on hunting take extra cash.
I hope that my kids enjoy it as much as it seems yours have! Any tips on last minute things we should make sure to pack for them? We have three kids that are 12, 13, and 16 and I know that they are all at ages where we don't need to entertain them as much, but I am a bit worried about how well they will handle the long flights and layovers more than anything else! I got some of the new tech sunglasses that can record videos and pictures and I hope to video and photograph the kids' hunts as much as possible!
We will plan on extra cash, did you and your wife go with all of the kids on all of the hunts together? My husband and I have been to South Africa and shared a PH but I am unsure of how it will work with 5 of us!

I hope that my kids enjoy it as much as it seems yours have! Any tips on last minute things we should make sure to pack for them? We have three kids that are 12, 13, and 16 and I know that they are all at ages where we don't need to entertain them as much, but I am a bit worried about how well they will handle the long flights and layovers more than anything else! I got some of the new tech sunglasses that can record videos and pictures and I hope to video and photograph the kids' hunts as much as possible!
We will plan on extra cash, did you and your wife go with all of the kids on all of the hunts together? My husband and I have been to South Africa and shared a PH but I am unsure of how it will work with 5 of us!
The flights went smooth for my kids. My son brought his Nintendo switch and my daughter Brought an iPad. We also did red eye flights which was actually kinda nice because everyone slept a fair bit. And yes we all hunted together the whole time. Except a couple nights when just me and my daughter went out with my brother and SIL. It was cold at night and my wife and son decided a warm fire and warm beds sounded better.

I took my wife and step kids in 2022. We got the letter from their dad, but nobody ever looked at it. I would have it along with passports and copies of birth certificates.

I’m not sure the letter is needed if both parents are traveling. You may get one done just in case.

I too have traveled with my wife and four children. Filled out everything suggested by Travel Express. No one ever asked for info. We have hunted together and split into two teams—two ph’s with four hunters total. The red eye flight out of ATL is the way to go also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyeWood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.