Tootabi Lioness Hunt 2015

Warbird782

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
423
Reaction score
525
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
EC and NW Province RSA, USA
I am finally getting a chance to post this video. All photography and video were shot with my DSLR by an amateur who learned how to run my camera the morning of the hunt. I taught myself how to edit video while I made this video. Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.

I must give Loodt @Tootabi Hunting Safaris a huge thank you for a great hunt. I also would like to give Pieter Erasmus @Paw Print a thank you for playing a role in the hunt as well. Gentlemen we will share a camp again soon.

 
like the video, warbird ......well done
 
That video was cool! Saw the same thing with the PH using the scope to look for the Cat holding the rifle up behind the others....someone needs to slap that guy! Anyway, exciting video and looks like it was an awesome time!
 
I get your concern gentlemen. I was the one who had the gun over me and the muzzle was well in front of me. It is hard to see it in the video but I was in no way unsafe at that moment.
 
Great video!! Helps when the memory fades. Just watch it again!! Congratulations, Kevin
 
Good cat there Warbird! Nice video editing! What rifle were you using?
 
@CAustin I was using Pieter's Musgrave 375 H&H.
 
Well it did the trick sir! I see he was keeping that 500 NE of his pointed in the right direction.
Where were you guys for that hunt. In the Kalahari or down in the cape area?
 
Pieter was ready with the 500 Nitro and Seun with his 500 Jeff. I almost felt under gunned with those two 1/2" bores by my side. The hunt took place up in the Kalahari near Botswana. Here is a picture of the ammo from the two 500's and the 375.

IMG_8648.JPG
 
Yep big bullets!
Took my lioness up near Botswana also. Guy named Freddie owned the place we hunted. Nice two year old lodge with a great outdoor fire pit.
I know your proud of the lioness you got. It's a good cat.
 
Warbird,
Cool video, congrats on a fine cat!
Cody
 
@Warbird782 thanks for producing and composing such a great video. Videography was great, and for an amateur to do the filming I think it did turn out great, your hunt was unforgettable and would share a camp with you and @Paw Print any time again.

Take care bud, and be safe!
 
Nice! Congrats and thanks for sharing
 
Congrats!
 
Warbird,
Loved the vid and pics. Especially the last one praying over your magnificent trophy! I think that video fired everyone up.
Regards,
Philip
 
Great video, brought me back to my lioness hunt last August. One heck of a thrilling hunt, I love your pictures of dragging the road. I regret not getting more footage of my hunt. You wanna talk about feeling under gunned, I shot my lioness with archery gear. Great video and thanks for sharing.
 
I get your concern gentlemen. I was the one who had the gun over me and the muzzle was well in front of me. It is hard to see it in the video but I was in no way unsafe at that moment.

That's not the one that worried me.

:E Shocked:
pointing rifle.jpg



Glad you enjoyed your hunt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,685
Members
169,605
Latest member
ArthurGag
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top