Things to do in Gaborone

SoVa

AH senior member
Joined
Mar 16, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
139
Media
3
Hello everyone,

I’ll be in Gaborone for work, fairly short trip and it will be busy without a lot of down time. Just curious if any of you have any restaurant recommendations, things of interest to see (particularly for a hunter even though this isn’t a hunting trip), areas to avoid. Really anything you would like to share would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
So in case any of you find yourself in the same place I can recommend Mokolodi game preserve for photos and dinner. They will also allow you to do unguided walking tours which is pretty fun. The restaurant sits over a watering hole so you will see some game there, the food is absolutely fantastic and very very affordable.

As for Gaborone the Hilton is nice and only about 15 minutes from the airport and they offer shuttles before flights to Joburg. Table 50 two is a great rooftop restaurant across the street with amazing views. Botswana craft has some neat souvenirs and isn’t very expensive.

That’s about all I’ve got, hopefully it’s helpful.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,959
Members
169,205
Latest member
rockcalpasssul1974
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top