The red line can go

NamStay

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,731
Media
108
Articles
292
The economic planning minister Tom Alweendo has it right. The red line, which effectively cripples the farmers in those northern areas, limits access to real and tangible markets and creates an area, at least a third of the country, where only communal and small-scale livestock farming can be done. This in turn creates dependency and vulnerabilities for those communities whose food security status will remain fickle, to say the least.

That foot-and-mouth disease is problematic also, but the challenges we experience with this disease come from across our borders, not within.

While we understand that the northern border of this country was artificially created, effectively separating families, communities and tribes, the time has come that we begin to control cross-border movement.

Communities must be educated in this regard and in fact, it should have been done years, if not decades, ago.

Border controls, those which are recognised internationally by the relevant authorities, need to be implemented and proper and effective systems and protocols need to be in place.

In this way, the entire red line or, northern communal area, can be turned into an area where proper commercial farming can take place, whether it be livestock or agronomy, and with that, access to markets, lucrative markets.

We have reported repeatedly on this workshop and that meeting. We have typed up speeches offering lip service left, right and centre. We have hailed those with wise words and criticised those with narrow vision.

And yet, nothing has changed for the communities north of the red line.

It is time that we put deed and action to our words. Effective planning, along with assistance from international authorities, can turn around the lives of the people in the north of our country.

We cannot simply accept the status quo and say that there is foot-and-mouth disease in that area and let that be that.

It is absurd, especially in the light of the lofty goals of the Geingob administration to eradicate poverty once and for all.

This is an essential step in that direction and will impact thousands of people in a positive way.

And as an added bonus, it is after all, the electorate not?

Source: https://www.namibiansun.com/news/the-red-line-can-go/
 
Thank you for sharing sir!
 
Namstay, above points are clear, but can you further elaborate what would be the possible and predictable consequences on wild life populations and buffalo?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top