The Hunting Report

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,577
Reaction score
9,996
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I have been checking this publication out. I am wondering whether anyone has any particular thoughts on it? Is it a marketing rag or does it provide good content?
Thanks
 
Some folks I know thinks its the holy grail. Others not so much. DSC South Texas had the editor down here as a speaker for one of the meetings.
 
I have been a subscriber for a couple of years. The issues that come monthly are a nice read and have given me some good ideas or new species to hunt. It also gives deadline reminders for Western draws. I really like reading the reports of past hunts. It also gives you great references to call so you aren't just dealing with outfitters references. I think it is all part of doing your due diligence. I also like how they give the outfitter a chance to respond so you can make your own judgement. If you hunt enough, I think it is worth it.
 
Sounds like a balanced read. I like reading reports. I am very interested in a publication that allows you to reliably learn about quality outfitters
 
It's okay, I use to subscribe to it. It has some excellent information in it. I thought the price was a little high for the publication so I stopped getting it.
 
I've been a subscriber for some years. The data base of hunt reports is a valuable tool in doing due diligence before booking hunts with people you don't know well. The articles - and the e-mail extras - tend to be relatively timely. And it comes with a Conservation Force monthly bulletin.

Overall I think it's worth it.
 
I downloaded the free trial and it certainly has a ton of info in it. Thanks for your insight
 
It just occurred to me that I haven't had an email from these guys for some time.

Are they still in business?
 
It just occurred to me that I haven't had an email from these guys for some time.

Are they still in business?
The Hunting Report stopped its' newsletter publication and website over 2 years ago.
 
Thanks. Either I need to pay more attention to things, or I never really missed it . . .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,886
Members
170,449
Latest member
MarkusSayl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top