"The Cold Blue" on TCM Tonight

The Sub-Zero temps in the unheated, un-pressurized B-17's. Relentless Documentary with The 8th.

A Film unlike "The Memphis Belle" or "The Best Years of Our Lives"
 
Last edited:
A great documentary, one that I was vaguely aware of before. My ex father in law flew B-17's over Germany in WWII. He was Jewish and I used to tease him about getting shot down, "Fred, what would you do on the way down?" "Throw my dog tags away", "Hell, with that nose it would do no good". A great man and one hell of a plane driver. Loved the "Colonel" and loved to watch him and his squadron mates fly after their returning from Vietnam. "The Best Years of our Lives" was one hell of a movie. It was an Academy Award winner for good reason. I highly recommend both for different reasons. WWII wasn't my war, but we all had many of the same problems coming home. and may the gods damn those that sent us off to fight wars that never should have been fought. Never Forget! Semper Fi to all!
 
A great documentary, one that I was vaguely aware of before. My ex father in law flew B-17's over Germany in WWII. He was Jewish and I used to tease him about getting shot down, "Fred, what would you do on the way down?" "Throw my dog tags away", "Hell, with that nose it would do no good". A great man and one hell of a plane driver. Loved the "Colonel" and loved to watch him and his squadron mates fly after their returning from Vietnam. "The Best Years of our Lives" was one hell of a movie. It was an Academy Award winner for good reason. I highly recommend both for different reasons. WWII wasn't my war, but we all had many of the same problems coming home. and may the gods damn those that sent us off to fight wars that never should have been fought. Never Forget! Semper Fi to all!
Thank you for your service "the highest honor". But glad you found this well and "The Best Years of Our Lives" .. one my personal favorites, well said.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,788
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top