The 450/400´s....the vintage ones..

IMG_8264 copy.jpeg
EYCLE3663.jpeg

Posted before. .450cal G. Gibbs. Webley P-HV action. According to the educated the best boxlock action ever made in those days.
View attachment 561025

That looks like a Webley screw-grip. Note the dolls head extending into the top lever and the large top lever with the central screw. If you remove the barrels you will see the fastener that resembles a scerw in the action.

They are not at all inferior to the PHV-1, and it is a beautiful rifle. I would go as far as to say more highly finished and more expensive rifles were built on screw-grip actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to handle and shoulder this very rifle. It fit me rather well until I saw the estimate
Ohooo you’re shitting me! Really now I am Seriously, jealous that’s just showing off! Wow!
imo he was quite the duded, just not really the Robert Redford. Always seem to spoil it for the ladies when I tell them he was bald:LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaellucas

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with