rcarpenter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
North American Falconers Association
Hey all,

I'm new and will be in Africa in January and should have a few days of free time before or after my scheduled class time there and would love to hunt. I know that hunting in Kenya is off limits, but Tanzania is extremely close to where I will be and traveling between seems rather easy.

I wondered if it would be possible to hunt in Tanzania with an outfitter for just 3 or 4 days or is there a minimum number of days you're required to hunt? I'm just interested in a plains game animal for my friend and I. We've both always wanted to hunt over there and are not sure when or if we'll be able to return.

I know this is short notice, but I didn't know about the trip until today. Do you think it would be possible to arrange a hunt for the beginning of January?

Thanks!

Yes you can do this however you must book soon to get your information to your outfitter.

Christophe Morio
SAFARI MORIO
CAR & Tanzania

Chris will make your dreams come true.

January will be a difficult month to hunt to to the extreme heat. However not impossible.
You will need to find an outfitter who is running a hunting camp at that time as most close up in December.

Just went in a checked Tanzania hunting and 7 days is the shortest that i can find.

However you can pay for the 7 or 10 days and only hunt the days you have available.

This will make a difference on what you want to hunt.
7 days will get you pains game and Cape Buffalo as will a 10 day safari.

I think the following game is available on a 7-10 day safari.
Baboon
Cape buffalo
bushpig
gazelle - grants or Thompson
hartebeest - cokes or lichtenstein
impala - east or southern
Puku
warthog
wildebeest - whitebearded or nyassa
zebra

other cost are your rifle import fee. - Air Charter. - gov cons fee, - gov com dev fee. - gov lic. - gov imp tax on ammunition - and i am sure i missed some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good help James.

"a few days" is not what anyone usually wants to hunt.
Especially, in Tanzania. Never know,....

Christophe is a good place to start.
Although he may have chosen another island to be relaxing on after his season.

I looked and Hunting Ban is still in place in Kenya from all I can find.

James has given you a very good start and Chris has some very competitive prices if he can't do it then maybe he'll have a recommendation for you and your friend.

You may want to check out this website as well they have good prices though you may have to practice your german a bit. www.evesafaris.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maybelle41

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]