TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Michel Mantheakis Safaris?

jcnelsn1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone hunted with Michel Mantheakis Safaris in Tanzania? I am not finding a lot of info on them. That said, that is the case for several Tanzanian outfitters I am looking at. I think some just don’t really advertise much. From the little I have found they seem to be highly reputable and regarded.

I have not but it would be hard to find anyone more highly regarded.

Yes indeed, I have hunted with Michel Mantheakis in each of his Tanzania concessions. He is one of the finest in Africa. Great luxurious tented camps super PHs just as he is. His Tanzania concessions are excellent and in various locations each emphasizing different variety of game and environment. All are genuine wild areas. You will see game while sitting around evening campfire. For the record, i have hunted all over Tanzania as well as the rest of Africa for many decades using many concessionaires and PHs. Michele wa selected as Outfitter Of The Year by Dallas Safari Club at the convention a couple years ago.

Last edited:
As I think you are discovering, not many people hunt Tanzania. It is a cost issue relative to other destinations on the continent. Most who go there, have a bit of time and a relatively full bag intent. You are fortunate to have a group of friends for whom expenses seem to be a secondary consideration for what sounds like a predominately PG hunt. I will be interested to hear which of the Tanzanian operations could put together such a hunt for you.

Michele is one of the very best in Africa.

As I think you are discovering, not many people hunt Tanzania. It is a cost issue relative to other destinations on the continent. Most who go there, have a bit of time and a relatively full bag intent. You are fortunate to have a group of friends for whom expenses seem to be a secondary consideration for what sounds like a predominately PG hunt. I will be interested to hear which of the Tanzanian operations could put together such a hunt for you.

Michele is one of the very best in Africa.
What originally started as a 7-10 day plains game hunt has taken on a life of its own. It has morphed more into a 14-16 day buffalo/croc/possibly leopard/PG hunt. Scope creep

Make it a 21 day safari. That will save scrounging money for going back next year. You wont regret it!
I know easy to say.

Make it a 21 day safari. That will save scrounging money for going back next year. You wont regret it!
I know easy to say.
Boy I would love to! Really more an issue of time. I don’t think everyone can be away that long.

Hunted with him in January. 14 days on a 21 day license in Masailand. The place is top notch and the hunting and game areas are out of this world. Highly recommend!

My brother and friend are booked for 16 days Leopard /Buff with them in 2022. Zimbabwe was always the “poor man” dangerous game country.I have no regrets but must admit a twinge of jealousy.Not ugly as he is my brother but he did beat me up when we were younger, would a lesser kudu be too much to ask for as reparations. Sadly yes Go for it!!!

I have not. However, former DSC outfitter for the year. Rowland Ward Fair Chase outfitter.

My brother and friend are booked for 16 days Leopard /Buff with them in 2022. Zimbabwe was always the “poor man” dangerous game country.I have no regrets but must admit a twinge of jealousy.Not ugly as he is my brother but he did beat me up when we were younger, would a lesser kudu be too much to ask for as reparations. Sadly yes Go for it!!!
The detailed research on this is pretty new to me. One thing I learned quickly though is that there is no “poor man” dangerous game! Another thing I learned is going anywhere in Africa to hunt is a privilege that in the grand scheme of things only a very few get to experience

My first Leopard was 350.00 a day with a 900.00 trophy. It was a deal in the early 90’s. You will never regret it.

Like others I know him by reputation only - and a damn good one at that.

Many times people don't advertise simply because they don't have to.

By the way, the great Sable in the photo on the left was taken in Michele’s Lukwati Tanzania concession just three years ago. I was primarily after buffalo. I have taken several other Sable including Roosevelt as well as Common over the years but the huge mass as well as length made it too hard to pass up. Also in my spare time I was trying out a new 6.5x284 by Bolliger. It worked well taking ten head of plains game with ten shots. Kindest Regards

By the way, the great Sable in the photo on the left was taken in Michele’s Lukwati Tanzania concession just three years ago. I was primarily after buffalo. I have taken several other Sable including Roosevelt as well as Common over the years but the huge mass as well as length made it too hard to pass up. Also in my spare time I was trying out a new 6.5x284 by Bolliger. It worked well taking ten head of plains game with ten shots. Kindest Regards
That is an incredible animal!

I just got back from my sixth trip with Michel's company. Dating back to Miombo. You won't go wrong hunting with him. On my last trip, I was reintroduced to trackers I hunted with in 2008 and 2013, which was great. His areas are great, I've hunted in his Masailand areas and in Lukwati, southwest Tanzania a few times. His camps are stellar and unlike most areas it doesn't operate on Africa time. The camp will be up and operating before daylight, the food's great and the staff is great as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatiaImlay

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?