TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Luke Samaras Safaris?

WilhelmM

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
Not asking anything specific. Just wanted to know if anyone's hunted with him considering that he's a very famous outfitter.

One of the best......old time hunter

One of the best......old time hunter
Bet you took some good elephant bulls with him. I heard his company is still fully operating which is amazing considering his age.

Luke Samaras has been witness to 2 elephant booms and 2 busts during his long career in the Selous.

Luke Samaras has been witness to 2 elephant booms and 2 busts during his long career in the Selous.
I heard that a new outfit called Heritage Safaris is in partnership with his company and has access to his hunting blocks.

I heard that a new outfit called Heritage Safaris is in partnership with his company and has access to his hunting blocks.

Yup. And Luke's company was the first one I hunted with and first experience of Africa back in 1989...30 day hunt in the selous...paddy curtis aka bloodnut was one of the ph then.. he hunted with my brothers friend who had organised the hunt through Paul Robert's...my brother was my observer and the late alister gellatly was my ph, and paddy is still hunting with Luke and heritage too this day...see Luke and Jane at sci every year...paddy took some good buff with clients last year...not long before we went out luke had been injured in I think a car accident so didnt do the hunt

Hunted with him in 2017 the year before he had to move his camp because of the lake construction. Truly a pleasure hunting with him. If you book with him and asked if you like to eat game be prepared to eat game the entire hunt. I opted for game not knowing it would be all game. Glad I did. Ate a buffalo from one end to the other: oxtail soup, steaks, soup finishing with tounge. A truly great experience.

I have hunted with Stephan Stamm owner of Heritage safaris and partner of Luke. Luke only does a few hunts a year and Stephan handles the rest. Heritage is nothing short of top notch. He runs his hunts just like Luke and has known Luke a long time. Paddy works with Stephan with Heritage Safaris. If anyone is interested in booking let me know. I have taken 2 buffalo, hippo, and plains animals with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HAHNKIARA77

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?