SxS vs. O/U for distance/accuracy?

70worm

AH member
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
29
Reaction score
16
Will an O/U be more accurate at a longer distance do to the sights being right over top of the barrel?
 
open sights or scope and what are you calling longer distance?
 
Open sights, 75-100yards vs the typical 50.
 
i suspect at those distances it depends more on the individual rifle than whether it is an o/u or a sxs. meaning how well is the rifle regulated. even if the rifle is not really well regulated the one barrel can shoot very at your required distances. i.e. shooting just the left barrel, or the bottom barrel.

that said, i like my o/u but use a scope.
 
I'm thinking about getting a Fausti O/U in 9.3x74r.
 
it will serve you well out to 200 yards if you can hold it still. about 3" high at 100 is dead on at 200 yards.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,402
Messages
1,575,172
Members
170,226
Latest member
NickiOBrya
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top