SXS shot gun am I wanting something that doesnt exist

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
I want a side by side with the following.
sxs with screw in chokes or 2 barrel set. 26inch barrels.
2 triggers
selective ejectors.
grip stock, not a english straight.

Upland Gun Company has them. Pretty much al la cart options. Been eyeing them for a bit:

Attachments

• RFM Zeus Custom Italian Shotgun - Upland Gun Company.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
Not sure what price point you are looking at - a relatively inexpensive option is the Fabarm (H&K) classic lion. I bought one about 10 years ago and have shot it a ton for trap, skeet, sporting clays and some hunting. There’s usually some listed on GI. Mine is great quality - would buy another without hesitation, not a “best” gun but I like it. Checks all the boxes except for the double trigger.
Another option is to buy a nice quality boxlock like a miroku or SKB and have chokes installed

You can buy new guns meeting your specifications from Fabarm, Connecticut Shotgun, Dickinson, Fox (not the original) and several Turkish manufacturers. The Fabarm and Fox are in the $3-4000 range.
Forgot Rizinni and Beretta. The Beretta 486 is about $6000.

What you are looking for is certainly available. What matters is how deep are your pockets. I have personally handled shotguns from CZUSA that are very nice for under $1500. All reports are that they are solid well made guns.

2 triggers
selective ejectors.
@62flint: I think the original Winchester Model 21, with semi beavertail for-end, came in 2 barrel sets, w/ejectors (Not screw in chokes). Up graded skeet/tournament models may have had single-selective triggers….which you did Not want. Same goes for early AH Fox and maybe LC Smith….the Smith is a side lock, the others Box Locks. All are very fine SxS and worth buying used —- can be refinished if that’s what you prefer.

Have a peep into:

doubkegunhq.com

Another favorite of mine:

gunsinternational.com

Cheers.

Call August Crocker Fine Guns in Austin, TX

@62flint - I would highly recommend you contact Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company about a RBL Lighweight SxS with double triggers, pistol grip stock and screw in chokes on an A&D Boxlock action. The only thing I'm not sure about is the extractors vs ejectors...but I'm sure you can work that out.

BTW - I met the owner at SCI 2023 in Nashville, TN. He's an incredible salesman making British style guns at a fraction of the price. Simply amazing the work his company does.

I found a Fabarm from Pacific Sporting Arms East
It's as close I could get to a 12, 26 but .. Chokes, single trigger, 28" 6lbs?
Beautiful, used, inexpensive.

I'd ask if your interested but everything's on hold @ the moment.

1717800568177.png

Last edited:
The "Autumn" replaced it @ 5x's the cost?

1717802131500.png

1717802189460.png

1717802219271.png

2 triggers
selective ejectors.
Take a look at Tri Star arms website

Even CSMC. RBL: 12. 28's.

as @Shotgun Coach stated: Some of these companies will build you one.
I asked if they could do a 12, 22" round body .. they didn't have a problem?

Last edited:
Quick search here brought up this sidelock chokes might be a problem unless you know what you usually use. You can sometimes have them retrofitted.

Attachments

• AYA 12 gauge #2 Sidelock | GunTrader.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 16
SxS...pretty common, especially used American & english or european boxlocks.
Double triggers....pretty common option, wisely so in used American
Ejectors...pretty common, less so in older used American...probably for a reason
'Grip' stock...pretty common, often in the so-termed 1/2 or open PG stocks found on used American & english boxlocks(well done on avoiding the straight grip]
All combined?....far from rare. I would go used english boxlock as a search group first, maybe a NID or Fox second.

Problems?....stock fit.....and often folks dislike purchasing used scatterguns for some reason.

Problems re a newly made gun?.....look & see.....would appear unwise, comparably and to me, but this is you.

Worth the effort to locate and adjust?....depending upon cost, of course.

Odd you did not mention gauge

*edit
I did not mention choke tubes to avoid spoiling my breakfast....still, folks will stick them in if barrels are fit for the use.
Xtra barrels add dollars.....an appropriate choking in fixed is wise....again, to me. Xtra barrels...often just a seldom used nicety in the odd quest for a do-all scattergun.

I found a Fabarm from Pacific Sporting Arms East
It's as close I could get to a 12, 26 but .. Chokes, single trigger, 28" 6lbs?
Beautiful, used, inexpensive.

I'd ask if your interested but everything's on hold @ the moment.

View attachment 611888
I'm choking up threads, over caffeinated & procrastinating life .. I'm sorry.

Pacific Sporting Arms was a 16 Hour Round Trip. I had NO intentions on buying a SxS.
This place was a gallery. I have no idea about any mfr's, Fabarm, Dickinson, Perazzi, Rizzini, Benelli, Beretta, etc. (But I never shouldered a better fitting shotgun). $1K ?

1717955832231.png

Never saw a two barrel set in SxS. I have a Franchi Alcione Titanium O/U two barrel set in 12 and 20 ga. 26 and 28 inch barrels, screw in chokes.

SxS...pretty common, especially used American & english or european boxlocks.
Double triggers....pretty common option, wisely so in used American
Ejectors...pretty common, less so in older used American...probably for a reason
'Grip' stock...pretty common, often in the so-termed 1/2 or open PG stocks found on used American & english boxlocks(well done on avoiding the straight grip]
All combined?....far from rare. I would go used english boxlock as a search group first, maybe a NID or Fox second.

Problems?....stock fit.....and often folks dislike purchasing used scatterguns for some reason.

Problems re a newly made gun?.....look & see.....would appear unwise, comparably and to me, but this is you.

Worth the effort to locate and adjust?....depending upon cost, of course.

Odd you did not mention gauge

*edit
I did not mention choke tubes to avoid spoiling my breakfast....still, folks will stick them in if barrels are fit for the use.
Xtra barrels add dollars.....an appropriate choking in fixed is wise....again, to me. Xtra barrels...often just a seldom used nicety in the odd quest for a do-all scattergun.
I like to upland bird hunt pheasant hunt and waterfowl. For years I have shot foxes with either m/f or ic/m barrels depending on what I was doing.
As for gauge it doesn’t really matter.
12 is a good do all but the older I get I am growing to like the 20 more and more.
What I listed was simply a wish list of what I would like.
I want one really nice shot gun that fits me, that I can travel with and shoot bobwhite on a southern plantation or pheasants out west with. Maybe grab a mallard or two along the way.
I have o/u they just don’t do it for me like a sxs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaNilk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.