Super Bowl Indicator

Ray B

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
5,453
Reaction score
9,484
Location
WA St, USA
Media
81
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
This year the Supe Bowl consisted of an old NFL team (Los Angeles Rams) and an old AFL team (Cincinnati Bengals) . In previous Super Bowls that had such teams it was almost always a correct indicator of the years economy as shown by Jan 1 opening and Dec 31 closing of Dow/S&P. If the NFL team won, the economy prospered, if the AFL team won, the economy languished. The Los Angeles Rams had more points (23) at the end of the game to Cincinnati's 20, so LA was declared the winner. So based on that can we expect the indicator to show a booming stock market? My guess is this is one of those years where the indicator does show reality. But who knows? Come Dec 31 the Dow may be sitting at 30,000- or maybe not.
 
I’ve always treated the Super Bowl indicator as a fun side note, not a plan. I check real market data and trends instead of relying on a game outcome.
 
I’ve tracked quirky market predictors before, and pairing them with real performance data sometimes makes the ride more fun.

While watching the season unfold, I’ve kept live game context handy through the RubiScore score service, since it helps me see how teams trend long before the headlines land. It won’t prove the indicator right or wrong, but it adds some flavor to the whole theory.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,365
Members
169,344
Latest member
linebet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top