Spypoint has gone mad

I don't have spypoint but run of the mill sd card type they are all junk got plenty of pictures of myself, birds, bugs.lots of long shots but nothing up close.have a whole movie of weeds moving.maybe something is stalking my camera lol.probably a cat.then to top it off my new deer feeder fell over and broke it's high impact plastic ass.bout done with all this unnecessary junk.
One year I seriously considered selling the local farmer 100s of fantastic pictures of his herd.

My brother had a spypoint micro that gave up the ghost fairly early after new batteries were installed.
He brought it home, put in new batteries and attached it a support post of his back patio. He has been getting wonderful photos of grass and lawn furniture and his bow target.
e-huh.gif

nothing_moving.jpg

I had Stealthcam and changed them out to RECONYX with solar for each. I get a lot more photos and very few blanks. However, the spiders do fire off both brands.

Pheroze, since I've never been, I have to ask a question is the last picture you posted called "Moose Country?"

Pheroze, since I've never been, I have to ask a question is the last picture you posted called "Moose Country?"
That is my honest hope!! But yes, they tend to like this boggy stuff. The eat the aquatic plants.

As an aside I saw bear scat, deer sign and, while standing there, a duck landed. So.....high hopes! It's hard to get to this swamp. There is one more just like it. I am trying to decide how big a trail to cut to it because I don't want to disturb it.

I have had a trailcamera fill up a memory card with pictures of shadows moving across a surface.

They were quite like the clearly defined shadows in your picture.

@Pheroze ahh to be so close to your property lol, i won't be heading up to mine till end of summer, so can't help you, was thinking April and could have stopped by to adjust, or wave at ya.
I tried setting one up on my place, worked great at the camper, put it up near my stand and even with the antenna couldn't get it to work again, by the time i had it home again the free pictures stopped, and didn't want to sign up for it till i got back up.
This year i'm just going to put up one in Sept and check it when i hunt November, leave it out again for the winter.

I have the same problem with SPYPOINT. Pics of shadows and nothing. Mine are set up for security at the entrance to a farm/ranch our company bought that is 100 miles from my house but do get pics of deer, coyotes, coons, etc…. Image quality isn’t good enough to read license plates!

Can anyone recommend a trailcam with good enough quality for license plates on slow moving vehicles?

Spypoint customer service is possibly the worst ever

I don't have Spypoint- just regular SD chip trail cameras. The problem is a slight breeze moves a couple leaves and the cameras take photographs. After about a thousand moving leaf pictures the chip is full and records nothing until I get to the camera to swap-out chips. Is a problem for those cameras that have limited access.

I have the same problem with SPYPOINT. Pics of shadows and nothing. Mine are set up for security at the entrance to a farm/ranch our company bought that is 100 miles from my house but do get pics of deer, coyotes, coons, etc…. Image quality isn’t good enough to read license plates!

Can anyone recommend a trailcam with good enough quality for license plates on slow moving vehicles?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.41 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.42 AM.png
    745.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.44 AM.png
    637.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 8.47.46 AM.png
    681.5 KB · Views: 61
I've found the Cuddeback Cuddelink cameras to be fantastic and reliable for many years now. I have over a dozen cameras going now and never had one die or give me any problems. They are a little pricey but after trying out many other brands and having them all die and malfunction to different degrees, a little extra money to avoid all the headaches is well worth it. The number of "false triggers" is also very low and only happens if it's windy and there's a branch right in front of it or something.

It’s taking beautiful pictures of that fast moving ground cover. A photographic record of windy weather.
Screenshot_20220130-105837_SPYPOINT.jpg

It does seem to be useful that sense. A 'stopped clock' phenomenon really.

@Pheroze My brother used to say he's got twenty good photos of "wind".
e-lol.gif

With brush and vines that small in front of it it is most luckily wind moving them triggering the camera. My son had same problem with his.

Heads up on some Spypoint cellular cameras, When 3G is shut down by AT&T and T Mobile, cameras will not transmit. Got this notice from Spypoint.

Network Changes Affecting your Camera(s)​

With the planned discontinuation of the 3G-HSPA+ networks from AT&T and T-Mobile, the communication features available on your SPYPOINT Cellular Trail Camera(s) will be affected and you will lose connectivity between your camera(s) and the SPYPOINT app. The discontinuation process of the 3G-HSPA+ networks will not impact the entire country at the same time.
  • The 3G-HSPA+ networks shut down are expected to gradually come into effect starting for:
  • AT&T:February 2022

• T-Mobile:July 2022
As a thank you for being a customer of SPYPOINT, those affected by these changes

In all fairness, I have a Bushnell Aggressor that's in the same predicament but they offered a special deal to those owners and I was able to buy three new cellucores for $75 each, shipped free. Between my brother and I, we now have six of those and I guess we're set until 6G comes along. :)

Heads up on some Spypoint cellular cameras, When 3G is shut down by AT&T and T Mobile, cameras will not transmit. Got this notice from Spypoint.

Network Changes Affecting your Camera(s)​

With the planned discontinuation of the 3G-HSPA+ networks from AT&T and T-Mobile, the communication features available on your SPYPOINT Cellular Trail Camera(s) will be affected and you will lose connectivity between your camera(s) and the SPYPOINT app. The discontinuation process of the 3G-HSPA+ networks will not impact the entire country at the same time.
  • The 3G-HSPA+ networks shut down are expected to gradually come into effect starting for:

• AT&T:February 2022

• T-Mobile:July 2022
As a thank you for being a customer of SPYPOINT, those affected by these changes
As a thank you for being a customer of SPYPOINT, those affected by these changes are eligible for an exclusive offer to upgrade to our Link-Micro-LTE cellular trail camera.

You may consult our FAQ section at spypoint.com for more information.

*Offer valid while stocks last or till April 30, 2022.
As a thank you for being a customer of SPYPOINT, those affected by these changes are eligible for an exclusive offer to upgrade to our Link-Micro-LTE cellular trail camera.

You may consult our FAQ section at spypoint.com for more information.

*Offer valid while stocks last or till April 30, 2022.

$50 off their LTE Micro Lite ($70 final price). These are the ones we sent back multiple times and some were DOA.

Set your sensitivity to low. I also think switching the time in-between photos help. Also hang it a little higher up on a tree

Set your sensitivity to low. I also think switching the time in-between photos help. Also hang it a little higher up on a tree
I have a camera that was doing the same thing this helped and corrected the problem. I really like my spypoints

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrylNade

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?