South Africa with Fair Chase Safaris

TxHunter55

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
We recently got back from a trip to South Africa hunting with Fair Chase Safaris owned and operated by Nicus Van Rensburg and his wife Colene Van Rensburg. This was our second trip and first-time hunting with Fair Chase Safaris. I really cannot say enough great things about everyone from start to finish. From the moment we booked the trip there was direct communication with Nicus and he answered all of our questions in timely manner. They sent over contracts and general information papers a few months before our start date. It was a 7-day trip with 3 of us hunting, my father, brother, and I. We are all going after different game, myself bow hunting only, looking to get my first African animal with a bow as I was unsuccessful last trip but took some nice animals with a rifle. My dad targeting Sabel, and my brother going after Lion!

The hunting concession we will be on is made up of a large 7,500 acre main property that is completely self-sustaining. There is then another property close by, along the Limpopo River that is great for Bushbuck. Then the Lion is on a completely separate and very large property about an hours drive. Nicus also has access to locations throughout South Africa as well as a separate bow hunting only property. So, he can put together any type of hunt you may be looking for, anything from dangerous game to plans game to hunting the bushveld.

If anyone is look to book their first or any other trip to South Africa I highly recommend checking out Fair Chase Safaris
https://fairchasesafaris.com
Nicus is a very honest and up front person. Everything he had told me and everything we talked about leading up to the trip was just as he said it would be when we got there! We never felt as if we were being lied to or taken advantage of, in fact quite the opposite. Everyone will work as hard as they can to help you be successful. They will not let you shoot subpar animals either and will make sure every animal taken is a proper mature animal that anyone would be proud to have!

Day 1

We arrived into Johannesburg around 9:30am after 2 long flights from Texas. We grab our bags and my bow, all of which made it without being lost or delayed, always a good feeling. We are meet in the Airport by Nicus and another member of his team, Dandre, as well as his wife Colene. They get all of our bags loaded and off we go on a short 4 hour drive to the area we will be hunting. The drive went by quick, and we are at the lodge before we know it. We get unpacked and check out the lodge which is a perfect combination of elegance meets rustic! We are the only ones in camp, and each have our own chalet.
1723075196537.jpeg

1723075263834.jpeg

1723075319041.jpeg

1723075400210.jpeg

We head to the gun range so my dad and brother can shoot the rifles to get acclimated with them. It’s the first time shooting a 416 for my brother or any of us for that matter. After sending a few down range and getting comfortable on the guns, we take a drive around and get a lay of the land. It’s starting to get late at this point, so they find a place to stop and enjoy the evening with a sundowner!
1723075531963.jpeg

1723075571080.jpeg

1723075610524.jpeg

We get back to the lodge with a warm fire and cold drinks waiting on us! The other PH named Mark that will be hunting with us for the trip makes it into camp safely as well.
1723075655009.jpeg

Stay tuned for day 2 and more details about our amazing trip!!!

Attachments

• 1723074979686.jpeg
    1723074979686.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available