SOUTH AFRICA: Koringkoopie Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

There are many reputable outfitters in RSA, some are sponsors on this website with multiple positive reviews. Trying to save a buck with a donation hunt just opens up the possibility of a scenario like the OP posted.

Frankly, when I signed up on this site several years back, and left a message that I wanted to hunt in Africa, I had a host of offers from a good number of sponsors on here, and every single one of them was a pretty darned good deal. My guess is that's still the case. So I'm not sure how much anyone is really saving with this types of hunts that the author of the post purchased? But it couldn't have been all that much, and a person could sure buy peace of mind inquiring with those who are sponsors on this site.

There are MANY very reputable safari outfitters in South Africa and obviously some that are not. Stories of band hunting experiences out of Africa are not unique to South Africa.

A decent Kudu in Texas alone would cost as much as a seven day safari with a reputable operator in South Africa with ten trophies all inclusive. (including travel, taxidermy and trophy shipping)
Once again you are just mentioning cost.
And yes kudu is expensive.

We are talking about hunting method and style. And the 1200 acre ranch in Texas is not much different than what much of the Limpopo is offering and is exactly what this hunt sounds like. It’s not something I would fly halfway around the world for. But trophy hunters and experience hunters are different I have learned.

Sorry if this bursts your bubble.
I hate using blanket statements. But it is what it is in this case.

But in Texas you can shoot a Nilgai over an alfalfa grass pile in Kerville where he was captured in south Texas and released. Week? Month ect ect. It’s big business. We sell captured Nilgai to brokers who then sell them to game ranches in the hill country. I have been a part of it.

or you can spot and stalk on the King ranch Norias division over 100k thousand acres low fence with breeding herds and true free range.
(Or many other large cattle ranches in the south)

The cost is the same ball park. But some people don’t care how they get it. Easy is easy and some people want that.

There are many reputable outfitters in RSA, some are sponsors on this website with multiple positive reviews. Trying to save a buck with a donation hunt just opens up the possibility of a scenario like the OP posted.
Yeah, that’s why I don’t bid on donation hunts , “ come harvest x number of animals 7 days, P.S sale on a lion with a crossbow “
Drunken bidding at the banquet usually ends badly, whether it’s a PG hunt or a dove hunt in Argentina

Once again you are just mentioning cost.
And yes kudu is expensive.

We are talking about hunting method and style. And the 1200 acre ranch in Texas is not much different than what much of the Limpopo is offering and is exactly what this hunt sounds like. It’s not something I would fly halfway around the world for. But trophy hunters and experience hunters are different I have learned.

Sorry if this bursts your bubble.
I hate using blanket statements. But it is what it is in this case.

But in Texas you can shoot a Nilgai over an alfalfa grass pile in Kerville where he was captured in south Texas and released. Week? Month ect ect. It’s big business. We sell captured Nilgai to brokers who then sell them to game ranches in the hill country. I have been a part of it.

or you can spot and stalk on the King ranch Norias division over 100k thousand acres low fence with breeding herds and true free range.
(Or many other large cattle ranches in the south)

The cost is the same ball park. But some people don’t care how they get it. Easy is easy and some people want that.
Not arguing what you are saying, I have no "bubble to burst". But it is wrong to bunch all of the hunting in South Africa or even in Limpopo into one category. I think cost is relevant, what becomes apparent is price should not be much of a factor in planning a hunt. The most reputable outfits and the crooks seem to charge similar amounts.

I'm surprised by guys thinking that RSA and/or Limpopo are all small fenced properties and canned hunts. I've been there twice and can attest they're not. I do understand that they can be and also understand that for some hunters, that's what they want. Similar to some US hunters who hunt the high fenced place near me in OH and MI. That's not my thing but I don't knock a guy who likes/wants that.

I'm surprised by guys thinking that RSA and/or Limpopo are all small fenced properties and canned hunts. I've been there twice and can attest they're not. I do understand that they can be and also understand that for some hunters, that's what they want. Similar to some US hunters who hunt the high fenced place near me in OH and MI. That's not my thing but I don't knock a guy who likes/wants that.
I think if someone wants a really big kudu you would be handicapping yourself by eliminating Limpopo province. Just do your homework and pick a reputable outfitter and you could get that bull of a lifetime.

I think if someone wants a really big kudu you would be handicapping yourself by eliminating Limpopo province. Just do your homework and pick a reputable outfitter and you could get that bull of a lifetime.
Kudu in a game fence has NO draw for a lot of people. I guess if 60” is what you care about than you are right- Limpopo would be a good spot.

Many have completely different ideas on hunting and that’s ok! No harm no foul!

I really want to hunt the EC and hunt blue duiker and Caracal. Vallie and mt. Reebok in the hills bushbok too! I really look forward to getting to the coast of the EC with my hunting buddies and experiencing RSA.

Like I said - I hate blanket statements and try to make that clear.

Kudu in a game fence has NO draw for a lot of people. I guess if 60” is what you care about than you are right- Limpopo would be a good spot.

I really want to hunt the EC and hunt blue duiker and Caracal. Vallie and mt. Reebok in the hills bushbok too! I really look forward to getting to the coast of the EC with my hunting buddies and experiencing RSA.

I agree.
I have not hunted the Limpopo but I believe there are some great outfitters there that I would hunt with in a heart beat.
I don’t think anyone should let a bad operator such as this turn off an entire region….

Last edited:

I totally agree, some of the properties I was on (not hunting kudu but klipspringer and bushbuck) the northern boundaries were rivers and on the opposite bank was Zimbabwe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APSMollie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED