SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Kuche Safaris?

Tmillz77

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello! Was curious if anyone else here has hunted in South Africa with Kuche Safaris? I went last year with them and they were absolutely phenomenal!

There have been a few here who have hunted with them and commented. Perhaps a search would turn them up. I’m going with them next year so would be interested to hear your report on hunting with them!

There have been a few here who have hunted with them and commented. Perhaps a search would turn them up. I’m going with them next year so would be interested to hear your report on hunting with them!
I can assure you that you’re going to enjoy yourself! Koos the owner is a great man, the trip with them was better than I could have imagined. Everything was super professional and done to make your experience the best it could be. Beware though… you’ll probably gain some weight while you’re there though with their food!

I can assure you that you’re going to enjoy yourself! Koos the owner is a great man, the trip with them was better than I could have imagined. Everything was super professional and done to make your experience the best it could be. Beware though… you’ll probably gain some weight while you’re there though with their food!
I met Koos and Cobus at the Houston Safari Club show. Enjoyed them both and instantly at ease and can tell they’re good hosts and cracked up at a few of Koos one liners. Really looking forward to it! I’d have done it this year but next is better for the rest of our foursome of hunters going (and several of our wives and my grown daughters, not as hunters to enjoy a African Safari).

I met Koos and Cobus at the Houston Safari Club show. Enjoyed them both and instantly at ease and can tell they’re good hosts and cracked up at a few of Koos one liners. Really looking forward to it! I’d have done it this year but next is better for the rest of our foursome of hunters going (and several of our wives and my grown daughters, not as hunters to enjoy a African Safari).
The wait is worth it! I was originally supposed to go in 2020 but Covid, then 2021 was a mess because of Covid, so finally was able to make it last year. Plan to shoot more than you originally planned though haha

Booked a late season hunt in November with them. Have a friend who went with them maybe 2yrs ago, had an amazing time and highly recommended them. They are going again with us this year. This will be my first safari so I'm excited!

Edit- Has anyone been later in the year? Curious about conditions, animal behavior, etc. as compared to earlier in the year.

Booked a late season hunt in November with them. Have a friend who went with them maybe 2yrs ago, had an amazing time and highly recommended them. They are going again with us this year. This will be my first safari so I'm excited!

Edit- Has anyone been later in the year? Curious about conditions, animal behavior, etc. as compared to earlier in the year.

It will be quite warm and may you get some rain! I hunted elephant in Namibia in November 2020 and it was HOT, highs in the 90's every day! But it does cool down at night. I think temps in Limpopo area of South Africa are similar that time of year. It is cooler and almost no rain in June, July and August.

I have met Koos on numerous occasions when I lived in Atlanta and he would come through to see a mutual friend. He is a great guy. That friend has hunted with Koos for years. If you’d like to PM me, I can put you in touch with him. He can tell you more about hunting Limpopo with Koos than you care to know!

@Tmillz77 try the search function. Lots of threads on Kuche Safaris.

I hunted with Kuche in June 2022. It was my first safari ever, but I went with a friend who has been to Kuche a number of times. We started with a few days down in the Free State at Amanzi. The accommodations were spacious and luxurious. We were the only ones there so I kinda missed the camp feel. After a few days, we made our way to main camp in Limpopo. While the accommodations weren't as nice, they were nicer than most of the US hunting outfits I've been to. The food at both camps was excellent!

During my safari, I was able to take eland, zebra, red hartbeest, common springbuck, blesbuck, bushbuck, steenbuck, duiker, warthog, nyala, and impala. I had a friggin blast! My PH (Otto) and tracker (Solomon) both busted their tails to make sure we had a great time. Some shots were out on stalks and some were from the truck. For me, it was a good mix.

If anybody has any questions about Kuche, Koos, or my personal experience, please DM me and I'd be happy share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosSpin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg