SOUTH AFRICA: Does Anyone Know Ken Whiley, Gamka Safaris?

PLM

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, TSRA
Hunted
South Africa
Just wondering if any of you know or know of this guy. A few weeks ago as we were getting ready to put on our local gun show, my wife ( she's the promoter) got a call from Ken. He told her he was an African outfitter and had a free weekend while here in the states. He asked if he could come and set up at the gun show. He found an add for the show and was passing through the area. She of course told him heck yea.
He came and set up and had a good time. Super nice guy and seems to have a really nice place in the Eastern Cape not far from Port Elizabeth. I checked out his website and some videos on youtube, looks good.
Anyway, just thought I would check and see if anyone on AH might know him. Philip

Can’t help, but he has a nice website.

Reactions: PLM
Just returned from my first safari with Ken/Gamka Safaris, and can’t explain how amazing of an outfit he runs. Would recommend him to anyone and I am planning my next trip!

Just wondering if any of you know or know of this guy. A few weeks ago as we were getting ready to put on our local gun show, my wife ( she's the promoter) got a call from Ken. He told her he was an African outfitter and had a free weekend while here in the states. He asked if he could come and set up at the gun show. He found an add for the show and was passing through the area. She of course told him heck yea.
He came and set up and had a good time. Super nice guy and seems to have a really nice place in the Eastern Cape not far from Port Elizabeth. I checked out his website and some videos on youtube, looks good.
Anyway, just thought I would check and see if anyone on AH might know him. Philip
I’ve hunted with him 2 times. Great outfit to hunt with. Ken and Albert go way above and beyond what we ever expected.
The food is better than any restaurant I’ve ever eaten at here in the states.
I will be glad to answer any questions about our hunt.

I mirror Leon’s comments! I’ve been twice now with Ken and Albert, with my third trip in June 2025. I can’t wait, and as far as I’m concerned there is not a finer outfit available to hunt with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]