Africa
Hunted
RSA Namibia
Outfitter - Data Safaris Limpopo SA
PH - Daniel “Data” Strydom
PH- Jaco Kruger

Personal rifles used Winchester 70 458, Remington 700- 375 H&H

Camp rifles- Ruger 77- 30-06 & 338

My wife and I have known Data for a few years as we both attend a few hunting conventions each year and have booths usually beside each other. I have hunted Africa twice before, once in 1989 and another time in 1999.
I thought I had Africa out of my system and have done about everything I wanted to do in North America, then all the sudden the African bug bit me once again!

After some long conversation with Data about buffalo and lion we decide to make the trip this year.
This report is not to bring up the CBL debate, nor wild vs free buffalo. I had the same reservations as most about lions and buffalo in SA. We discussed a lioness hunt and my concerns over many evenings while he was in the states. I felt he was brutally honest about different areas and ranches where we could do the hunt. He mentioned there was only one place that would suit my needs and once we were there and I didn’t think it would be what I wanted I could pay the daily rate and we could leave and hunt other animals we were after.
We ended up hunting in the Markel area and it was by far more than I expected. We didn’t get a clumps of the lioness until the third morning. We were in her tracks the previous days, but never got a clumps of her. I did connect on the third evening right at last light.
IMG_3088.jpeg

This hunt turned out to be 100x more than I expected.

This was my wife Teri’s first African trip. She is a licensed guide in Wyoming and has collected many animals here in the states. She was able to collect Kudu, Nyala, Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok, Zebra and did some night hunting.

We discussed buffalo and his breeding, self sufficient plan of the herd. We had planned on taking a cull cow hunt while there, but ended upgrading to a bull hunt. With his operation he can take 8-13 mature bulls a year. I found these bulls a challenge to hunt and looked over some bulls that I would have loved to shoot, but was told they are too young. We eventually found a good bull and after a marginal shot on my behalf, tracked it and finished it.

Everything on this trip was first rate, both PH’s we great and we plan on hunting with them next year.
IMG_3289.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2493.jpeg
a8aa3868-9cc3-49f6-ba0f-8c462868c7bc.jpeg
IMG_2911.jpeg
IMG_2610.jpeg
c56dd2f4-3c55-4767-8651-189941defaed.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great safari, love the Nyala your wife shot. Congrats.

Great story and outstanding animals. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on your safari. Some nice animals y’all were able to take. Thanks for taking the time to give a report.

Thanks for the report.
Short and to the point, enjoyed reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeee9633

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?