Sometimes you get lucky

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
1,435
Reaction score
3,087
Media
6
Articles
1
I’ve got a buffalo hunt with my son this summer and I decided I wanted to use the 430 North Fork soft in my 404. My goal was 2150-2250FPS

Just shot the starting load over the chronograph: 2207FPS. Iron sights hitting close enough to bust up a piece of old
concrete block.

I want to fine tune overall length for proper feeding but looks like things are coming together.
 
And now, from the other end of the weight spectrum, I see that CEB is making a 257g raptor. No idea what the muzzle velocity is but I’m guessing about a billion feet per second. Not sure what it’s intended for but I bet it would switch a leopard off pretty fast. I’ve requested load data. For no good reason whatsoever.
 
And now, from the other end of the weight spectrum, I see that CEB is making a 257g raptor. No idea what the muzzle velocity is but I’m guessing about a billion feet per second. Not sure what it’s intended for but I bet it would switch a leopard off pretty fast. I’ve requested load data. For no good reason whatsoever.
I bet it could make a pretty sweet PG bullet, or anything in NA bigger than a deer....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,400
Messages
1,575,066
Members
170,221
Latest member
WoodrowCof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top