Smith & Wesson 629-6 V-COMP Performance Center 44 Mag With Several Extras - Perfect Safari Or Alaska Sidearm

ghay

AH veteran
Reaction score
Up for sale is my increasingly rare, Performance Center 629-6 V-COMP 44 Magnum. This handgun is in nearly new condition and has not been carried in the field or otherwise. I have fired only a box or so rounds and being compensated it is a pleasure to shoot. It would be a perfect sidearm for Alaska, Africa or anywhere ill-mannered critters roam. It comes with three grips, a great Master's Handmade Holster and a brand new RCBS 3-die Carbide Die Set. In addition I have several boxes of bullets available for any purchaser seeking to load their own rounds. This pistol is also cross-posted on other sites.

Price: $1795 shipped FFL to FFL

tempImagediRR29.png
tempImageliJawZ.png
tempImageXJgdKd.png
tempImageZgCM0n.png
tempImageN3NIez.png

Where in Africa could one carry such a thing?

I have hunted Africa in two countries on at least 20 occasions and checked handguns through customs in South Africa at least a dozen of those trips. We routinely carry a side arm while hunting in Zimbabwe, especially when going after cats or crocks. There may be countries that don't allow handguns but I have not run into that issue. You would need to check with the PH in any case but when dealing with dangerous game it is a pretty common practice to carry a powerful handgun. Cats and close quarters encounters make one a necessity.

Heh. I thought African countries were as bad as Canadia when it came to handguns. I would certainly be happier if I could lug along my .475 Linebaugh.

I hear that! There are quite likely a number of countries where a hand cannon would not be allowed. I’ve never had the need to check with too many but in the cases of Zimbabwe and South Africa they haven’t had issues in my experience as late as this past fall.

Price reduced to $1600 shipped to your FFL

buy with confidence. I have personally done business with @ghay and you would be hard pressed to find a better guy.

NOW ONLY $1500 ...It's gathering dust in my safe... someone needs this before It heads to Gunbroker.

This is getting into Seriously Good Deal territory. But I can't justify even to myself another .44 mag. :(

You SHOULD keep it. If we Philistines haven't the wit to gleep it at that price, we don't deserve it.

I know, I always have the best intentions to shoot more pistols but rifles are my passion...so my pistols get no love:-/

I’m actually a big 375 fan but don’t take my rifles to Africa anymore because my hunting friends over there are PH’s and gun dealers. My Dakota Safari rifle was nearly stolen in the Johannesburg airport on a visit a while back and I eventually sold it. Now I just use my friend’s guns and sadly don’t need a 375 anymore.

composite stock iron sights mint condition bought it a couple years ago fron a guy who had 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandy75942

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt