Smit Knives

win71

New member
Joined
Jun 10, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
They are made by Corn Smit in Kwekwe, Zimbabwe.
Anybody used one, have one or seen one. I have a friend that is temporarily in Zimbabwe that bought one however he is on a church mission and will not be able to hunt or use it until he returns to the U.S.
I'm new on this fact filled forum. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I hope I posted in the correct sub-forum.
Win71
 
IMG_4989.PNG

Very nice looking knives on the website
 
Welcome to AH! I dont have one but agree with @Bullthrower338 , they look good!
 
Twenty years ago this same friend and I bought utility hunting knives that were hand made by a guy in Montana. Kauffman. He was skillful and used ATS 34. Sand or bead blasted, not polished. They were the cheapest he sold. I understand sharpening. In my boat building shop I use mostly high carbon tools. Although being careful around water that ATS 34 was hard, tough, and semi stainless.
I am reading and hearing the 12 c 27 that Corn uses is it's equal.
If not I'm going back to ATS 34 or high carbon cross cut saw blades.
 
Sorry win71, didn't mean to be rude, welcome to the forum! I kinda get side tracked easily when it comes to knives, guns and good scotch. I sent corn an email for quote on a couple knives he has on the website.

Enjoy the forum,
Cody
 
@win71 welcome to the forum. This is indeed the right place to post on knives and such.
 
Welcome to AH, a lot of us here are knife lovers.
 
I have a knife which could be one of those. It has a logo and 'Smit' on the blade.
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sir, that is his logo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,625
Members
169,594
Latest member
Carson40T
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top