Small Tusk Display Ideas Needed

JG458

AH senior member
Joined
Apr 4, 2021
Messages
57
Reaction score
42
I’m looking for some ideas for mounting some small tusks my father-in-law gave me. Could have some bases build but like to see what other options there are. They are about 2 feet long. Thanks

5F1FEE73-09CB-4F4C-A27D-2A7A55140286.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought. Saw this at Dsc a few years ago.

1640306349957.jpeg
 
I like both those ideas. Thanks! Definitely would be nice if it’s something I can put together myself.
 
Small tusks with bases look good, especially silver bases. Get them made up in copper and then deep plate them. Silver is very reasonable, don't scrimp on the thickness, it looks awful.
 
I would mount each individualy on a nice piece of wood and then on the wall one one side the other otherside.....
These are nice cow tusks.
 
I hope that the OP doesn't mind me asking but do any of you have any ideas for displaying Hippo Tusks?

I am waiting on my shipment from Zambia
 
I've seen them hanging from gold chains, kinda like the pic above with the heavy rope. Either way I'm jealous lol very nice tusks
 
I hope that the OP doesn't mind me asking but do any of you have any ideas for displaying Hippo Tusks?

I am waiting on my shipment from Zambia

My dad use the hippo cutters for a gong that looked similar to this.

1640753294176.png


Something kind of like this could be used with small elephant tusks also.
 
I hope that the OP doesn't mind me asking but do any of you have any ideas for displaying Hippo Tusks?

I am waiting on my shipment from Zambia
Keep al 6 pairs of tusks together on a nice piece of wood or keep them in the scull very impressive....
 
Hard to say without seeing your home and the type of décor you have currently. Do you know what room you intend to display them in? They look fairly symmetrical, I like the pedestal idea on either end of the fireplace, but would not work with all designs.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,289
Members
169,519
Latest member
jhbrown9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top