Small Game Skulls

BrianTX

AH member
Joined
Jul 14, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
23
Location
Dallas,TX
Media
1
I was just curious if anyone had ideas or suggestions for displaying smaller game skulls. The more time I spend going down the rabbit hole, euro mounts just work better for me (with a few exceptions... looking at you life-size hyena).

However, several tiny shields for several smaller species all over the wall is a little much. I’ll reserve that for the big boys! Haha looking forward to your thoughts!
 
BrianTX, I was giving all mine to a middle school science teacher. She needed a safe clean show space for them, so she bought an antique wood and glass display. She says the kids loved seeing them in the display. Just a thought.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (421).png
    Screenshot (421).png
    505.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Screenshot (422).png
    Screenshot (422).png
    180.4 KB · Views: 236
This stand is made of glass, it can de used for small/medium animals, and you can place it almost anywhere.



xy3z0os.jpg



pI6vZ8i.jpg
 

Attachments

  • xy3z0os.jpg
    xy3z0os.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • pI6vZ8i.jpg
    pI6vZ8i.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
I like that, where did you get it?

My taxidermist in Spain, but you get the idea, it can be done with other material.
 
Check out the plaques for roe deer used by German and Austrian hunters. https://www.africahunting.com/attachments/image-43-jpg.263763/ You can pick them up off ebay very easily and cheaply. They are perfect for skull mounts of the little guys. Our Teutonic cousins will group several together (roe deer) on a wall, and it would also work for smaller antelope. They tend to run in three sizes - those for roe; a middle-size which is typically used for fallow deer (and which work great for whitetail and mid-sized antelope like impala); and a large version for red deer. Something different than the plain looking "trophy" plaques typically offered by taxidermists on this side of the pond.
 
“Weekend at Ginsburg’s”:ROFLMAO::LOL: :D Too funny!
 
Here is another possibility which I already posted, it is quite simple, you can have this stand made in any size.



qBGKG2A.jpg
 

Attachments

  • qBGKG2A.jpg
    qBGKG2A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
I really like that lamp! (y)(y)(y)
 
I have two of them, made from the buff in my avatar.
 
Oblique slices of branches/ sapling stems to give a small oval to mount on. With the bark on.

IMG_5622.JPG


I’m currently finishing off a Red Ivory brach I sandblasted to oil finish. It will be roughly 8” thick, and 2,5 feet long to mount my common reedbuck, mountain reedbuck and vaal rhebuck on.

These three.
09.JPG


I’ve also got a few displayed in an old leather gun case looking pretty cool.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,572,114
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top