Sitka Equinox Insect Clothes

jcnelsn1

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2021
Messages
129
Reaction score
597
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Has anyone used the Sitka Equinox line of insect “proof” clothing in Africa? I am curious how durable and breathable it is

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.28.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.28.26 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.28.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.28.27 PM.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 133
Which country? In a lot of countries it is illegal to wear camo.

I would not use it due to the material. I doubt it would survive the charcoal filled hot irons they use after daily laundry.
 
Would depend where. Even if it worked on Tsetse flies, I can't imagine wearing something like that in the heat of a place like Mozambique. It likely would work in South Africa at a lodge, but bugs really aren't an issue there unless the issue is ticks and that is a socks and leg protection concern.

Anywhere in the bush, synthetics do not fare well when confronted with 19th century cordless ironing.
 
Which country? In a lot of countries it is illegal to wear camo.

I would not use it due to the material. I doubt it would survive the charcoal filled hot irons they use after daily laundry.
I was more curious generally. But we are going to Tanzania specifically and I know there are going to be bugs, including tetse flies. I would prefer more traditional gear for my first trip but was curious
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,928
Members
169,648
Latest member
ussarthryon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top