Sako AV Deluxe, 7MM Remington Magnum

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada
I bought this in an estate sale not long ago, and I have tried desperately to find a reason to keep it. I have a lifetime of experience with 30 calibers, and I'm too old to start over with a new caliber. The rifle has been fired, but barely. I would rate it at 98%. Built on the L61R action, the serial number puts manufacture in 1972. This is probably as fine a rifle as you could buy these days. Price is $1750 plus shipping to your FFL.

IMG_4700.jpg
IMG_4701.jpg
IMG_4702.jpg
IMG_4703.jpg
IMG_4704.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot a few details. The scope is a Leupold 2.5-8. The mounts are the Sako Optilock system, and I bought new 30mm rings that still in the box, and included in the sale.

Rifle is SPF. Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul K

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?